none
how to get command prompt through safe mode

Question

• When I boot the computer and press F8, it shows options to boot in various modes and i can not run my operating system in normal mode and not have win os disc.

I choose "Safe mode with Command prompt".

But instead of displaying me the command prompt on the login screen it shows me the normal login screen....

windows loads files but does not show the dos screen even if i choose simple 'safe mode' option.

What should I do to resolve the issue? I want the command prompt. All your replies are much appreciated.thanks a lot

Monday, August 19, 2013 11:57 AM

Answers

• What your seeing is correct.  When you choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt it will bring you to a login screen, once you login you will be presented with a command prompt.  It won't just open the command prompt without you logging in for security reasons, so login first.  

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

Monday, August 19, 2013 3:16 PM

All replies

• Hello!

Have you tried choose just "Safe mode" or "Safe mode with network"? There you can run the command prompt!

It's just to test. Post your results.

Take Care \o

Monday, August 19, 2013 12:29 PM
  • i choose 'safe mode with command prompt' not safe mode with networking

Monday, August 19, 2013 1:11 PM
  • What your seeing is correct.  When you choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt it will bring you to a login screen, once you login you will be presented with a command prompt.  It won't just open the command prompt without you logging in for security reasons, so login first.  

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

Monday, August 19, 2013 3:16 PM