none
windows 7 64bit problem slow response

Question

• Hi

i have processor i7 

and 8GIG ram DDR3 

i installed windows 7 x64 and now the respond is very weird, when i open a new window like firefox tab or new folder its like few second crash before the page opens!  its like not responding few seconds then it opens.

also while playing a video sometimes it just breaks!!! 

the computer is very high for this! please help! 

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:35 AM

Answers

• Looks like driver problems, check for an updated BIOS as they can be havoc if they have a problem. Then look for updated drivers.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe RaidMax Smilodon, 680W, Asus M2NBP-VM CSM, AMD X2 4200+, 2GB DDR2-800, HD2400 Pro, more details on my site, need a new boot disk, existing one is 5 years old
    • Proposed as answer by Vegan FanaticMVP Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, April 19, 2010 1:35 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:04 AM
  • If the issue persists after trying Vegan's suggestions, you also can check the issue in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:44 AM

All replies

• Looks like driver problems, check for an updated BIOS as they can be havoc if they have a problem. Then look for updated drivers.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe RaidMax Smilodon, 680W, Asus M2NBP-VM CSM, AMD X2 4200+, 2GB DDR2-800, HD2400 Pro, more details on my site, need a new boot disk, existing one is 5 years old
    • Proposed as answer by Vegan FanaticMVP Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:04 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:04 AM
  • If the issue persists after trying Vegan's suggestions, you also can check the issue in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:44 AM
  • i updated all the drivers, ALL of them!, i tried the other clean boot solution still the same thing!!

could this indicate to a hardware problem? or do i have to reinstall windows?  the funny part the meters on the gadgets in windows 7 are very low as its a good components computer. but when use the computer i feel like am on 128 rams :S 

Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:32 PM
  • I recently upgraded my motherboard and was pleased by the big boost in performance. I will post a page sooner or later about the upgrade when I have more time.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:08 PM
  • Dear Metal King,

I am having the exact same problem with a new Fuji laptop (very high performance) and windows 7 64bit. Any luck resolving the issue?

-Shannon

Sunday, May 09, 2010 2:40 AM
  • I would suggest contacting the manufacturer and see if they have any advise.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe Need a some parts finish the new server, see the site for remaining items needed
    Sunday, May 09, 2010 2:42 AM
  • am still having the same stupid problem i donno what should be done here.

i am thinking to try and reinstall windows AGAIN. :S as even the updates it fails to update most of it. i donno wat is wrong with this pc really.

invested so much money in it and am getting performance worse than my old pc 

urgh

Saturday, May 15, 2010 7:50 AM
  • am still having the same stupid problem i donno what should be done here.

i am thinking to try and reinstall windows AGAIN. :S as even the updates it fails to update most of it. i donno wat is wrong with this pc really.

invested so much money in it and am getting performance worse than my old pc 

urgh

Do not use the CD-Key when you reinstall, wait and let all of the updates download and install. Then if the machine is working as you expect then press Win+Pause/Break and at the bottom is a place to enter your key.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe Need a some parts finish the new server, see the site for remaining items needed
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 1:10 PM
  • ok something i find out. idonno if this would affect anything. before i reinstall i check the pc performance. processor is: 7.6 memory: 7.6 graphics: desktop performance for windows aero - 1.0 ????????? gaming graphics: 6.2 harddisk: 6.2 the windows AERO is too low ? why and how come? and how to solve this? also will this affect the slow response i am getting from my pc?? thanks
    Monday, May 17, 2010 12:37 PM
  • Incase my graphic card is nvidia GTX 260,

AND Now i reran the re assessment. 

it gave me 7!!! it was one now its seven!

and the 3d graphics gave me 7 also. lol

this computer is crazy ahaha

Monday, May 17, 2010 12:52 PM