none
Where can I get a Windows XP installation CD

Question

• I need to reinstall windows xp on my computer. I have the product key, but I do not have the disc. Can Microsoft send me another one, or can I request one?

Thanks.

Saturday, June 30, 2012 7:31 PM

Answers

• If Windows XP was preinstalled on your PC, you have to contact the computer's manufacturer and ask for a set of recovery discs that will allow you to restore your Windows XP installation as it was when you bought your PC.
    Otherwise, there's no way to have a Windows XP installation disc except for a TechNet Subscription.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:23 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, Microsoft no longer carries or distributes Windows XP CDs.  Consider moving on up to Windows 7 or puchase a new computer that comes with Windows 7 preinstalled.

Carey Frisch

Saturday, June 30, 2012 7:43 PM
  • If you really, really need to get access to Windows XP binaries (or any past version of Windows), you may want to checkout a subscription to TechNet.
    Saturday, June 30, 2012 7:50 PM
  • If Windows XP was preinstalled on your PC, you have to contact the computer's manufacturer and ask for a set of recovery discs that will allow you to restore your Windows XP installation as it was when you bought your PC.
    Otherwise, there's no way to have a Windows XP installation disc except for a TechNet Subscription.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:23 PM
  • thanks.

Sunday, July 01, 2012 7:28 PM
  • thanks

Sunday, July 01, 2012 7:28 PM
  • thanks
    Sunday, July 01, 2012 7:29 PM