none
Windows 8 & Gmail - help!

Question

• We just installed Windows 8 today onto our new hp TouchSmart PC.  My questions are regarding Gmail.  How do I access my contact LIST? The only way I can see all my contacts is if I start a new email.  I can access my huge list by clicking the down arrow next to "To:"  But, where do I find my "groups"?  And how do you edit a contact?  And while I'm asking... where is the spell check feature?

In Windows Vista, I could click on the word "Gmail" and a list would drop down with options for accessing my contacts (and subsequently editing them or create new groups).  Also, spell check was always visible in the upper right hand corner of any email I was drafting. 

Lastly, any way to customize my signature?  I figured out how to add a signature line, but can't see where to change font size, add color, bold etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you using Modern App Mail to access Gmail? If so, please check Include your Google Contacts and Calendars when adding a Google account.

You will find your contact list in People app.

Regarding the font style, you could select the text, then you will find additional options at the bottom side of screen.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:41 AM