none
Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation Activation

Question

• My Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation doesn't seem to want to activate. It is really frustrating when it is shutting down every hour

When I try and activate i get the following information:

Error Code: 0xC004E003
    Error Description: The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed.

Any Ideas?

Saturday, November 03, 2012 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

This problem occurs if the license validity interval has expired, or if the license is not signed correctly. For example, if we use the VL key to active a OEM PC. This error message may occur. Please check that you have the correct key installed. I would like to know:

1. What's the system OS? Windows 8 RTM ?

2. How did you get the key? Online purchase? Got from OEM? Or a retail KEY? 

3. Are you using KMS to active the Windows? 

Please also run the following command to make sure that no file corruption. 

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Thanks. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 11:24 AM

All replies

• reinstall?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, November 03, 2012 10:13 PM
  • Hi ,

This problem occurs if the license validity interval has expired, or if the license is not signed correctly. For example, if we use the VL key to active a OEM PC. This error message may occur. Please check that you have the correct key installed. I would like to know:

1. What's the system OS? Windows 8 RTM ?

2. How did you get the key? Online purchase? Got from OEM? Or a retail KEY? 

3. Are you using KMS to active the Windows? 

Please also run the following command to make sure that no file corruption. 

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Thanks. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 11:24 AM