none
APPCRASH PROBLEM IN WINDOWS 7

Question

• I had APPCRASH problem for the last few days.  Even after formatting my system also, I had the same problem.

Here is the problem description

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    Ruby.exe
      Application Version:    8.9.5.3
      Application Timestamp:    5220d1eb
      Fault Module Name:    Ruby.exe
      Fault Module Version:    8.9.5.3
      Fault Module Timestamp:    5220d1eb
      Exception Code:    80000003
      Exception Offset:    0017dbda
      OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    1033
      Additional Information 1:    0a9e
      Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
      Additional Information 3:    0a9e
      Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:48 AM

All replies

• This belongs to an application known as iPhone Configuration Web , look for it in Programs and Features and uninstall it or run it and check for update.

If Windows asked you to send report about this problem, please let it send.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:47 PM
  • Not quite sure where you got iPhone Configuration Web from this log, if there's something I'm missing please share.

Ruby.exe is an executable that handles the Ruby language, this could have been installed with any Ruby-based application.

I suggest going into the Command Prompt and running sfc

1. Start> Run or WIN+R
    2. cmd
    3. sfc /scannow

Microsoft MCSA, VMWare VCAP-DTD, Cisco CCNP, CompTIA A+, Security+, Network+, Apple ACMT, SPR

Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:09 PM
  • Hi,

As I known, Ruby.exe is a executable file (a program) for Windows. The filename extension .exe is the abbreviation for executable. Only run executable files from publishers you trust, because executable files can potentially change your computer settings or harm your computer. The free file information forum can help you determine if ruby.exe is a virus, trojan, spyware, or adware that you can remove, or a file belonging to a Windows system or an application you can trust.

Please note: Some malware camouflages itself as ruby.exe. Therefore, you should check the ruby.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat.

Since I cannot find detailed information about this application, I would like to suggest you try the following steps to check the issue:

1. Uninstall the application that is crashing.

2. Update your antivirus software definition and perform a full disk scan.

3. Reinstall the application that was crashing. Now that the corrupted files have all been removed, your program should run smoothly after reinstallation.

4. Check for application incompatibility. The application you are trying to use may not be compatible with your operating system or other programs on your computer.

Meanwhile, I would like to share the following link with you:

What is ruby.exe ?

http://processchecker.com/file/ruby.exe.html

Please note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 1:21 AM