none
change "date taken" for multiple photos on Windows 7

Question

• I have Windows 7.  In Windows Live Photo Gallery, I want to "change save time" by adding 15 hours to date taken or date to 120 photos.  I can only do it one picture at a time.  Microsoft instruction don't work as it says in the Help menu that the amount of time added to the first chosen photo will add the same amount to all the selected photos.  There is no up or down button for the number of hours to add to all the photos either.  I went to all this work to follow Help instructions, then it did not work!  I would have to change the time on 120 pictures one at a time, then import them to my pictures.  I have followed Help instructions but it does not work.  Microsoft needs to fix this!

Air in Salem

Here is what the Help Menu says:

Change date and time settings

When you import photos from your camera to your computer, the date and time that the photos were taken is saved on your computer with each photo.

To change the date and time:
    1. Start Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Show me how
      1. In Windows XP, click Start , and then click Programs .

–or–

In Windows Vista, click the Start button, and then click All Programs .

2. Click Windows Live , and then click Windows Live Photo Gallery .
    2. Right-click the photo that you want to change, and then click Change time taken .

To select multiple photos or videos, hold down the CTRL key, and then click each of the photos or videos.

3. Change the date or time settings.
    4. Click OK .
    Note

If you change the date and time settings for more than one photo at the same time, each photo's time stamp is changed by the same amount, so that the time stamps of all the selected photos remain in their original chronological order.

,IS_Windows Live Photo Gallery , , emit_etad_egnahc alter adjust switch day hour minute shift pic pics picture pictures month year

These instructions don't work for more than one photo at a time.

Sunday, August 01, 2010 5:11 PM

Answers

• It seems you misunderstood the information in Help. It means that if you select multiple pictures and change the date, the dates of the first picture and others will be changed. However, the data of the first picture will be changed to the time you set, the data of the others will be changed according to the date Add/Drop.

For example. There are two pictures.

Pic1.jpg
    Take date: Jan. 1st 2010

Pic2.jpg
    Take date: Feb. 1st 2010

After you select Pic1.jpg and then Pic2.jpg, right-click the photo that you want to change, and then click change time taken, change the taken date to Jan.2nd 2010. Then the taken date of Pic1.jpg will be changed to Jan.2nd 2010, and the taken date of the file Pic2.jpg will be changed to Feb.2nd 1010.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 04, 2010 8:05 AM

All replies

• It seems you misunderstood the information in Help. It means that if you select multiple pictures and change the date, the dates of the first picture and others will be changed. However, the data of the first picture will be changed to the time you set, the data of the others will be changed according to the date Add/Drop.

For example. There are two pictures.

Pic1.jpg
    Take date: Jan. 1st 2010

Pic2.jpg
    Take date: Feb. 1st 2010

After you select Pic1.jpg and then Pic2.jpg, right-click the photo that you want to change, and then click change time taken, change the taken date to Jan.2nd 2010. Then the taken date of Pic1.jpg will be changed to Jan.2nd 2010, and the taken date of the file Pic2.jpg will be changed to Feb.2nd 1010.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 04, 2010 8:05 AM
  • This web page's instructions worked for me.  I couldn't select any videos but for the photos it worked. 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-the-date-a-picture-was-taken

Friday, December 16, 2011 7:15 PM
  • OK, that nice, but it change only the date.  I would like to do the same in the hour (move it all one hour forward).  is it possible?

Nadav

Saturday, August 25, 2012 9:32 AM
  • Nadav: editing the hour doesn't seem to be possible from within Explorer, so you'll probably have to resort to using a third-party tool. ExifTool should allow you to edit the hour of multiple pictures at once. This is a command-line application, but you can also download ExifTool GUI to get a nice interface.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:45 PM