none
USB foot pedal not connecting in Windows 7 XP mode

Question

• How can I get a dictaphone foot pedal to work in XP mode?  The foot pedal is not recognized in the USB list?
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please refer http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprovirt/thread/b6433aeb-2a76-452f-897c-b75b713a83b4
    Thanks, -Rahul -- "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use."
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 4:56 AM
  • I just ran into same problem today.  I was told that Windows 7 doesn't have the drives to recognize my IN-USB-1 foot pedal.  You have to get a foot pedal that is compatible with Windows 7.  Was told the IN-USB-2 is compatible.
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:01 AM
  • Virtual Machine won't do it.

To run Windows XP from within Windows 7 AND have it recognize your USB foot pedal, you need to use VirtualBox:

http://www.virtualbox.org/

VirtualBox is the same concept as Windows VM (running XP from within Windows 7), but unlike Windows VM, you will need the Win XP CD-ROM (with CD key, of course) as you normally would to perform a clean installation of Windows. I do medical transcription and need XP as well. I run Win XP using VirtualBox from within Windows 7, and it recognizes my foot pedal fine now.
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 3:08 AM
  • Virtual Machine won't do it.

To run Windows XP from within Windows 7 AND have it recognize your USB foot pedal, you need to use VirtualBox:

http://www.virtualbox.org/

VirtualBox is the same concept as Windows VM (running XP from within Windows 7), but unlike Windows VM, you will need the Win XP CD-ROM (with CD key, of course) as you normally would to perform a clean installation of Windows. I do medical transcription and need XP as well. I run Win XP using VirtualBox from within Windows 7, and it recognizes my foot pedal fine now.
    so if i am understanding what you wrote here correctly, there is no way to get windows vpc to see a footpedal?? i have a client that does just what you said you do, medical transcription. her machine recently died, and really wasnt worth putting into it what it needed. so she bought a new one. bought a preman, against my suggestions, but at least she got 7 64bit since her machine has 8gb ram. i setup a vpc to do the xp for her and she is loving it except her footpedal dont work. if i understand you correctly, i can uninstall the vpc, and install virtualbox and her foot pedal should work?? would be willing to try this is this is what i need to get it working for her...any help here would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!!
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:17 PM
  • Yes, took me several days to figure this out. VPC will NOT recognize the foot pedal. Forget the Virtual PC that comes with Win 7, and download/install/use Virtualbox (www.virtualbox.org). It will perform the same function as Windows 7 Virtual PC (running XP from within Win 7) AND recognize your USB foot pedal (unlike Win 7 VPC), the caveat being, as I said, that to initially install it you will need the Windows XP CD-ROM (along with CD key) just as you would if you were doing an ordinary XP installation onto any hard drive.
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 1:22 AM