none
XFire autostart doesnt work anymore on W7.

Question

• Sadly enough, Xfire won't autostart anymore in Windows 7 (RC). I have checked msconfig, but xfire is enabled to autostart. Still, it won't do a single thing, till I click it myself. Is there any way to fix this?
    Friday, June 26, 2009 5:51 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Please try the following:

Right-click on the program, choose properties, go to Compatibility tab and check “Run this program as an administrator”.

I also suspect that Xfile is not compatible with Windows 7, if there is a new version released on the XFile website, please try it.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Friday, June 26, 2009 11:16 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Please try the following:

Right-click on the program, choose properties, go to Compatibility tab and check “Run this program as an administrator”.

I also suspect that Xfile is not compatible with Windows 7, if there is a new version released on the XFile website, please try it.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Friday, June 26, 2009 11:16 AM
  • Thank you for your suggestions, but I already have it running as an admin( Why tick those boxes actually, I AM an admin, since I am the only person on the pc...), could disabling the UAC help?
    Problems encountered: 1. Xfire does not autostart anymore. 2. Photoviewer bug when clicking, "View actual size"
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 3:34 PM
  • Yes, you may also try disabling UAC and see if the program will start automatically. However, please note that disabling UAC may lead to unexpected issues.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 7:10 AM