none
Intel ICH9 chipset driver

Answers

• Hi

I can't see problem here :)

Your system will not load at all if there is not driver for your hdd controller and RAID0 array is set.

When HDD are in RAID0 array you cannot access them separately. They both are used as single drive with better speed and space equal to sum of both HDD space.

If you have 2x500GB in single partition RAID array Windows will see single HDD with capacity of approximately 1TB
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 2:19 PM
  •  Yes I understand, in vista I have one Raid volume with two HDD 320 mb each, when I look at my computer I see two drives with different drive letters with 320 each with one Raid volume. Now with Windows 7 I can only access one of the HDD 320 mb where is the other 320 mb? and where are the Card readers that are listed in device manager but do not show up with my drives?
    • Marked as answer by jsrconst Saturday, February 14, 2009 10:35 PM
    • Edited by jsrconst Saturday, February 14, 2009 10:45 PM
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 3:25 PM
  • Ok I see, you probably you talk for the case with missing partition.

If you have 2 partitions and on first one you have vista, and on second one you have installed W7, then W7 setup is installed W7 boot
    manager on vista partition. In this case W7 setup does not assign letter to partition where its boot manager is installed.

If you want to see as W7 as well Vista partition, you must assign drive letter for Vista partition manually.

To assign drive letter to Vista partition do:

1. open windows start menu, then browse and expand administrative tools
    2. click on computer management item
    3. click on disk management
    4. right click on vista partition and click  change drive letter and paths
    5. Assign drive letter

Now you must see 2 drives in windows explorer

Regarding your card reader, you will need to install driver for it if you want to use it.

You can install vista driver in compatibility mode.

Saturday, February 14, 2009 7:52 PM

All replies

• Hi

I can't see problem here :)

Your system will not load at all if there is not driver for your hdd controller and RAID0 array is set.

When HDD are in RAID0 array you cannot access them separately. They both are used as single drive with better speed and space equal to sum of both HDD space.

If you have 2x500GB in single partition RAID array Windows will see single HDD with capacity of approximately 1TB
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 2:19 PM
  •  Yes I understand, in vista I have one Raid volume with two HDD 320 mb each, when I look at my computer I see two drives with different drive letters with 320 each with one Raid volume. Now with Windows 7 I can only access one of the HDD 320 mb where is the other 320 mb? and where are the Card readers that are listed in device manager but do not show up with my drives?
    • Marked as answer by jsrconst Saturday, February 14, 2009 10:35 PM
    • Edited by jsrconst Saturday, February 14, 2009 10:45 PM
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 3:25 PM
  • Ok I see, you probably you talk for the case with missing partition.

If you have 2 partitions and on first one you have vista, and on second one you have installed W7, then W7 setup is installed W7 boot
    manager on vista partition. In this case W7 setup does not assign letter to partition where its boot manager is installed.

If you want to see as W7 as well Vista partition, you must assign drive letter for Vista partition manually.

To assign drive letter to Vista partition do:

1. open windows start menu, then browse and expand administrative tools
    2. click on computer management item
    3. click on disk management
    4. right click on vista partition and click  change drive letter and paths
    5. Assign drive letter

Now you must see 2 drives in windows explorer

Regarding your card reader, you will need to install driver for it if you want to use it.

You can install vista driver in compatibility mode.

Saturday, February 14, 2009 7:52 PM
  • Thank you that was it the HDD was not assigned a drive letter the card readers where there too and only show up on explorer if they have media in then.
    Thanks again
    James Robertson
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 10:35 PM