none
wireless controller for xbox wont connect to pc

General discussion

• I am having an issue.  I just hooked up my wireless adapter for the xbox controller for windows 7 64 bit.  I real all the stuff about what to do and did it all and it worked fine for about 2 minutes and now my controller will not connect at all and the green ring on the xbox controller just keeps blinking. I bought from Amazon and it does not appear to be an offical product.  gamestop does not sell and i dont know where to buy.  it worked fine for 2 minutes and then just lost connection and now wont work at all so i know it CAN work.   any ideas?  getting mad :(
    Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:58 PM

All replies

• i reinstalled the drivers so it works.  hopefully stays working.  for some reason it said "unknown device" again in my device manager.
    Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:01 PM
  • nope it works for like 15-45 seconds then loses connection and then reconnects but it really only works like 2-8 inches from the damn thing.  I can't really figure out why.  i disconnected my wireless keyboard but that didn't help at all.  I'm an above average computer guy but not a genius.  I can't figure out why it won't work on a consistent basis.  oh it IS an official product....i guess....it says xbox 360 on it.

• Edited by tderr Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:46 PM
    Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Tderr

For Xbox support please go here  http://support.xbox.com/en-US/

Wanikiya & Dyami -Team-ZigZag. www.ZigZag3143.com email Admin@zigzag3143.com

Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:46 PM
  • i dont need xbox support im trying to use my xbox controller on my pc.  i need pc support unless i just dont see where to go on that page but i appreciate the reply.  That page really just looks  like an xbox FAQ page

• Edited by tderr Monday, March 25, 2013 11:15 PM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 11:13 PM
  • Hi,

First, please check whether it got the sufficient power.

Then, I would like to verify if the controller is recognized in Device Manager. How about changing different USB ports?

Please load the latest driver of the receiver adapter and the controller from Microsoft.

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-controller-for-windows#support

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:46 AM
  • i did a one on one chat with microsoft ambassador and they said it sounds like i got a bad one but that sounds like something people say when they cant figure out what is wrong lol.  I got this message recently "

Download updates for Xbox 360 Accessories

Xbox 360 Accessories has been blocked from running because it might prevent your computer from starting correctly in the future.

An update is available that solves this problem.

but the update is the driver update that i already have.  i updated driver (for the 3rd time) and it says its working fine but its not.  I dont know why i have to keep updating the driver either.  I'm not restoring computer or making any changes to anything.  confusing to say the least.  I think i might just buy another one.
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:09 AM