none
Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

Question

•  

I am running Vista Premium. I recently purchased a software game. After I loaded it I received two messages from windows. First one "A fatal error has occurred. Click OK to quit."  and the second  "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."  The tittle of the second window was  Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library. I contacted the support team( Activision) who said, after seeing my Direct X Diagnostic Tool results, that the problem was with my operating system. I had previously loaded othe game software from them on this PC without problems. Any ideas about what I am dealing with?

Thanks

geo924

Monday, July 28, 2008 11:33 PM

Answers

• From what you just said, it looks like that game from that vendor is not support on Vista Premium. You could always try running the exe in compatibility mode for Xp. To do that, Right Click on the exe, Properties, Compatibility, Run in Compatibiltiy Mode and then Choose Xp. Hope this helps.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 2:45 PM

All replies

• From what you just said, it looks like that game from that vendor is not support on Vista Premium. You could always try running the exe in compatibility mode for Xp. To do that, Right Click on the exe, Properties, Compatibility, Run in Compatibiltiy Mode and then Choose Xp. Hope this helps.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 2:45 PM
  •  Geo924 wrote:

I am running Vista Premium. I recently purchased a software game. After I loaded it I received two messages from windows. First one "A fatal error has occurred. Click OK to quit."  and the second  "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."  The tittle of the second window was  Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library. I contacted the support team( Activision) who said, after seeing my Direct X Diagnostic Tool results, that the problem was with my operating system. I had previously loaded othe game software from them on this PC without problems. Any ideas about what I am dealing with?

Thanks

geo924

Saturday, August 16, 2008 4:20 PM
  • I have had the same problem with the Visual C++ Runtime Library and had to terminate in an unusual way, except I am still running Windows XP, and it only occurs when I am on the internet. In the messsage box it list iex.something, i can't remember, but it has to do with my internet explorer. What can I do?
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 3:23 PM