none
Tiles not working

Question

• I have just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 via download.  However, None of my tiles are working and there is no way I can find to set them up.  For example, my IE tile when launches just sits at a screen with the IE symbol.  Many other tiles flash for a bout 1 second and then bring me back to the tile screen.  I have tried various profile types and nothing seems to work.  I have tried other solutions I have found online such as verifying my screen resolution, etc.

Thanks for your help in advance.

EDIT: IT TURNS OUT THE CLEVER PEOPLE OF THIS THREAD WERE CORRECT - AVAST NEEDED TO BE UPDATED.

Thank you all for your kind help.  One love.

• Edited by Crazyriver Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:13 PM
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 2:09 AM

Answers

• Having the exact same issue. I am running Avast so I'll turn that off and restart my computer to see if it works.

EDIT: I was running an old version of Avast and it had to be updated. All of my tiles are now working.

• Edited by ajknoll23 Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:51 AM Problem Fixed
    • Proposed as answer by ajknoll23 Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Crazyriver Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:14 PM
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:43 AM

All replies

• I'm having the same issue.  I'm running a 64 bit HP machine.
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:53 AM
  • same here...
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:16 AM
  • Same here no tiles are working at all except for maps.
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Having the same issue here.. I upgraded windows 7 by downloading the digital copy from the microsoft website. I am now thinking of doing a clean install. Do anyone know where I can download the digital copy again to create a usb bootable install?

Thanks

Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:37 AM
  • Having the exact same issue. I am running Avast so I'll turn that off and restart my computer to see if it works.

EDIT: I was running an old version of Avast and it had to be updated. All of my tiles are now working.

• Edited by ajknoll23 Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:51 AM Problem Fixed
    • Proposed as answer by ajknoll23 Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Crazyriver Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:14 PM
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:43 AM
  • I had the same annoying issues too. 

As discussed I uninstalled Avast and they seem to work now. Such a simple issue that caused alot of frustration... I can only imagine some inexperienced users saying a few naughty words lol

Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:09 PM
  • Same issue.  Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 64 bit.

I'm not running Avast.  Also, disabling Norton Security Suite did not help (nor did any of the listed fixes above).

• Edited by Galabar0001 Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:34 AM
    Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:22 AM
  • Same issue.  Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 64 bit.

I'm not running Avast.  Also, disabling Norton Security Suite did not help (nor did any of the listed fixes above).

I ended up backing up all my data and doing a clean install.  Things are working now and I'm really enjoying Windows 8. :)

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:58 PM
  • i was having the same issue and stop avast and everithing start to work..

Monday, November 05, 2012 11:24 PM
  • You don´t need to stop or to uninstall Avast! You just need to install the latest version and it works fine with Windows 8 Pro!

MAB.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 12:16 AM
  • i am not running Avast. but the tiles are not working. what other solution options can i use?
    Sunday, November 11, 2012 11:38 PM
  • I am in the same boat. I tried to re-install, go backwards and restore to a previous date. 

Nothing. I am having a problem on all 3 computers that I bought at the same time around Christmas.

Any suggestions>

Sunday, April 20, 2014 4:37 PM
  • I run avast no problems with titles working, I have no issues running avast with windows 8.1. I have the full version of avast. Try going into Administration, services, enable DNS cache, or install malwarebytes and remove the malware from your pc. The pic below, To the left is avast and desktop, Middle is Metro title Radio, To the right is store.

• Edited by colakid Sunday, April 20, 2014 6:36 PM
    Sunday, April 20, 2014 6:33 PM