none
Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

Question

• My Windows 7  crashed a couple days ago after a windows update, I got this message.

Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

I restarted the machine and got this message

Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. for C:\Users\TEMP\ntuser.dat

I checked the event Log I found these .

Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

DETAIL - Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

Windows has backed up this user profile. Windows will automatically try to use the backup profile the next time this user logs on.

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile.
     DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

This is the first error in the event viewer after a successful logon

The description for Event ID 34 from source ccSvcHst cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

ccSetMgr

DETAIL - Access is denied.

Looking at the Logs all I can tell is that after the Desktop Window Manager started if caused this error.

The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

then this one

The Desktop Window Manager has exited with code (0x40010004)

Then this before it shutdown.

The User Profile Service has stopped.

I started up the PC and the first message I got was

How can I get access to my user profile? do I need to createa new Administrator account? Please help

The EventSystem sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for a duration of 86400 seconds. The suppression timeout can be controlled by a REG_DWORD value named SuppressDuplicateDuration under the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\EventSystem\EventLog.

• Edited by 2K05GT Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:32 AM
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:21 AM

Answers

• hi do the following

1. In Search programs and files (Windows 7) area, type in regedit, and press Enter.

2. If prompted click yes,

3.  expand the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

4. click the sid that related to your admin profile (if you not sure, click each sid and in turn look to the right hand side of registry editor it will show who that sid is related to one of the registry files should hae in description localhost\admin or something similair)

5. right click the sid and press delete.

6. restart your machine and log back on with the admin account, this will then rebuild the admin profile... dont worry when it loads and none of your personal settings are saved or files or folders... go to c:\users

in here you will see two folders for the admin account, one will be just admin and the other most likely admin.localhost

i cant remember which one is which but just check both, one will still have all your files and folders in it.

i suggest making a backup of your data before doing this incase something does go wrong, but ive had this happen many times in a domain enviorment and has worked for me everytime.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:08 PM

All replies

• hi do the following

1. In Search programs and files (Windows 7) area, type in regedit, and press Enter.

2. If prompted click yes,

3.  expand the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

4. click the sid that related to your admin profile (if you not sure, click each sid and in turn look to the right hand side of registry editor it will show who that sid is related to one of the registry files should hae in description localhost\admin or something similair)

5. right click the sid and press delete.

6. restart your machine and log back on with the admin account, this will then rebuild the admin profile... dont worry when it loads and none of your personal settings are saved or files or folders... go to c:\users

in here you will see two folders for the admin account, one will be just admin and the other most likely admin.localhost

i cant remember which one is which but just check both, one will still have all your files and folders in it.

i suggest making a backup of your data before doing this incase something does go wrong, but ive had this happen many times in a domain enviorment and has worked for me everytime.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:08 PM
  • Will this fix also work with WIN XP PRO?

Thanks.

• Edited by RichardBlue Wednesday, March 05, 2014 8:10 PM
    Wednesday, March 05, 2014 8:10 PM
  • Yes,

except to get to regedit, you will need to go to start and then run and type regedit and hit enter

Anthony

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 10:51 PM