none
the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with.mcupdate.

Answers

• Hi,

Could you provide the detailed symptom? What is the exact wording of the process?

As far as I know, mcupdate.exe is a process belonging to McAfee Internet Security suite. If you have Macfee installed, you can try disabling it to check the result.

If you do not have Macfee installed, it may be related to Windows Media Center. Please open Windows Media Center, clicked on tasks, clicked on setting, click on general, clicked on automatic download options, and uncheck "automatically download windows media center data".

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you provide the detailed symptom? What is the exact wording of the process?

As far as I know, mcupdate.exe is a process belonging to McAfee Internet Security suite. If you have Macfee installed, you can try disabling it to check the result.

If you do not have Macfee installed, it may be related to Windows Media Center. Please open Windows Media Center, clicked on tasks, clicked on setting, click on general, clicked on automatic download options, and uncheck "automatically download windows media center data".

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:46 AM
  • I was experiencing the same error and I do not have McAfee installed.  However I did not see the option for "automatically download windows media center data" under the automatic download options and I still get this error when I go to my Task Scheduler.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:28 AM