Blue Screen Error on Windows 7

Question

• Hi,

I have encountered a problem with my Windows 7 (Built 7000) for the last 2 months since I installed it. The blue screen error keeps popping up from time to time (usually not quite often 2-3 times a month, but twice today). The problem seems to come from Kernel-Power, which is according to the report. Here is the complete report:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2009-03-25T13:05:50.404419200Z

EventRecordID 32354

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4

[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer KaMaL-BenQ

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18
    - EventData

BugcheckCode 142

BugcheckParameter 0xc0000005

BugcheckParameter 0x8252877d

BugcheckParameter 0x9d983bec

BugcheckParameter 0x0

SleepInProgress false

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Please tell me what to do to fix this problem as I am afraid that it will damage my other hardware from unexpected shutdown.

Ps. I have installed a RAM to my laptop a couple of days after running on Windows 7 (there are currently  2 installed, same BUS and manufacturer - Kingston).

I just run memory check (from Windows Control Panel) and not error has been detected.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Sachthep

This particular error message is most often associated with the power settings, specifically with the Sleep component.

Event ID: 41
    Source: Kernel-Power
    Type: Error
    Description: The last sleep transition was unsuccessful. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding failed or lost power during the sleep transition.

Take a look at the following thread for some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem.

Windows Vista sleep probem CODE 41

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:42 PM

All replies

• how do you have your power management option  setup in your control panel or dislplay , screensaver setting  ?
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:42 PM
  • Power Option - Usually I use the "Balanced" option available from Windows 7. When play games, the "High Performance" option is prefered.

The Display Adapter is NVIDIA GeForce 8600GS (256MB) with up to 1GB memory.

No screen saver has been set.

Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:08 AM
  • Hi Sachthep

This particular error message is most often associated with the power settings, specifically with the Sleep component.

Event ID: 41
    Source: Kernel-Power
    Type: Error
    Description: The last sleep transition was unsuccessful. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding failed or lost power during the sleep transition.

Take a look at the following thread for some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem.

Windows Vista sleep probem CODE 41

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:42 PM
  • I received this error earlier myself, and I'm using the release candidate (RC 7100). I put my computer to sleep, and at about 8am (360 mins later) it starts up to hibernate. I find this annoying, so I turned it off in power settings. A few minutes later - BLUE SCREEN!

It's rather odd to me, because I've slept Windows 7 before. I suspect it may have been the automatic hibernate that caused it; I turned it off in my previous Seven install, possibly before it had the chance like it did in Vista before that.

da page :B
    Sunday, July 05, 2009 11:43 PM
  • After quite a lot of research I found that the extreme amount of blue screens in windows 7 reoccurred mostly in computers with 4 DIMM slots, especially in cases where more than one RAM chip is installed. When the additional RAM chip is removed the problem goes away completely. I also found that should the second chip be replaced the problem reoccurs unless the voltage supplied to the chips is heightened from that originally put in place. a change in voltage supply would therefore make the problem completely dissappear.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 5:26 AM
  • I've had this same problem, and so i had to go back to Vista even though a i have New Windows 7 Software.  Can someone here explain how we can effect a change in Voltage supply that Joes182 talked about? do we just change the PSU or do we use software to do this? Is microsoft perhaps working on a fix. ?
    Friday, December 25, 2009 6:22 PM
  • Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
      OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
      Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:    50
      BCP1:    FFFFF8A004029000
      BCP2:    0000000000000000
      BCP3:    FFFFF88003F20C02
      BCP4:    0000000000000000
      OS Version:    6_1_7600
      Service Pack:    0_0
      Product:    768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\020910-29593-01.dmp
      C:\Users\trjamal545\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-234188-0.sysdata.xml

Does anyone want to help me out with this how do i fiz it my toshiba lab top keeps doing the bluescreen
    • Proposed as answer by SandeepMichael Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:12 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by SandeepMichael Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:12 AM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:51 AM
  • recently bought a new laptop using windows ( 3 weeks ago), and the blue screen is now a regular occurence, getting a similar message to the one you have quoted above. Seems to happen for me if the shut down procedure is not followed exactly. for example if you press the shut down option and close down the screen, the next time you start up you get the blue screen. Is this the norm?
    Monday, April 05, 2010 10:21 PM
  • If you've got this behavior with a new laptop, you should probably contact the manufacturer for support.

Think back to what you installed - did this problem start after adding hardware or software, or has it been present from day one?

You should probably start a new thread describing your problem; remember to upload the minidumps and provide a link...

Monday, April 05, 2010 10:58 PM
  • I bought two toshiba laptops

1. Core2duo with integrated video and W7 home premium,    no problem at all  (4 months old)

2. I7 core Q720 with nvidia geforce GPU with W7 proffesional and XPM,    blue screen twice a week, black screen once a week, programs not responding every day  (two weeks old)

The blue screen happened when the HDMI was connected to TV and after the nvidia stopped working

So not sure but might be the video

Bought orriginally with home edition, then upgraded to pro and XPM but did that the first day so not sure if this would have had any effect

Core2duo is faster, go figure! and half the price

Thursday, April 08, 2010 2:44 PM
  • I think that the problem is the audio driver. Microsoft overrride the audio driver and its driver

is no good. I solved my blue screen crashes updating the audio driver with the manufacturer

driver.

(My integrated hd audio was ADI 1986 from SOUNDMAX and Microsoft overrride the driver

and my system crash ramdomly every 10 horus, more or less)

Monday, April 12, 2010 8:06 PM
  • hey just wondering how you fixed up the problem in the end because I am getting exactly the same problem and I have no idea how to fix it
    Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:30 AM
  • the only thing i have really done so far is let the system shut down fully before closing the laptop. not very technical, but havent had a blue screen.

looked at the option of changing the driver for the audio as mentioned above, but the brand is not soundmax, so left alone.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 10:57 AM
  • i installed a hard drive from my last computer that was running windowsXP and at the same time intalled a new video card(nvidia gforce220) and since then i have tried i have been getting the blue screen so i tried reformatting the drive but as soon as i push start on the reformat window, blue screen. is it the older harddrive or the video card. please help???
    Monday, April 26, 2010 2:46 AM
  • computer is shutiing down after every 5 minutes and a blue screen is appering

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 50

BCP1: AA15FB98

BCP2: 00000000

BCP3: 85168DF2

BCP4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\052310-32609-01.dmp

C:\Users\varun\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-75109-0.sysdata.xml

Sunday, May 23, 2010 8:35 AM
  • @varun chugh - You would probably have the best luck if you could start a new thread for your problem.
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 2:33 PM
  • ok, so is microsoft going to solve this bluescreen problem since win xp?
    • Proposed as answer by Tech Bear Sunday, May 30, 2010 3:32 PM
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 3:44 PM
  • Bad drivers or hardware cause bluescreens.  Some of the BSODs come from Microsoft components, some (arguably, most) don't.  Not much that can be done do deal with faulty hardware, so it would seem that bugchecks will be around until hardware is no longer able to fail, at least.  And until software does not have bugs.
    • Proposed as answer by Tech Bear Sunday, May 30, 2010 3:34 PM
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 4:10 PM
  • Oops. Pressed the wrong button.

What I meant to do was post this possible solution:

I have been wasting an inordinate amount of time searching for a solution to my daily BSODs on a newly built PC based on an Asus P5QC motherboard and an Intel  Core 2 Quad 2 QP9550 2.83 Ghz CPU.  I followed every tech blogger’s advice and carried out vast numbers of suggested cures – all to no avail. With every piece of software and hardware I’ve got checked and checked again without a solution I reinstalled Win 7 Home Premium (three times).

My first choice culprit was my memory DIMMs – 2 X 2GB Ballistix DDR3 modules – but the Windows memory test came up with no errors. But somewhere along the line I acquired Mem Test – 86 but this crashed every time I booted from it. So I decide to take out one memory module at a time to check which was faulty (both new of course). As soon as I pulled one out, the BSOD problem was cured – and it didn’t matter which one I ran on.

At this point I looked more seriously at the memory limitations of Win 7 and discovered something that, had I known all along, I would never have had a problem. And this may apply to you too.

Yes, we all know that the max limit is 4GBs but no-one made it clear to me that this was 4GBs of memory INCLUDING any that I may have in other devices such as a graphics card. When I totalled that up I was well over the 4GB limit and suddenly realised why my system was crashing. Yours will too if you have more than 4GBs.

Now I do not assume that this is everyone’s problem but take my advice and explore your system’s RAM max capacity (aggregated with your graphics memory and any others you have) and reduce what you have in total to below the 4GB limit.

I hope this works for you.

Sunday, May 30, 2010 3:38 PM
  • im about to shut down and remove a ran chip. But i have a question would the virtual ram,paging file system, also be a cause? Because i set it pretty high?
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 5:52 PM
  • No, your paging file system setting should not affect the memory limit. The limit applies to just physical memory.

I should point out that this 4 GB limit applies only to Win 7 32 bit. For 64 bit versions the limits vary according to version, and can be much higher.

Monday, May 31, 2010 6:54 PM
  • You should be able to install more than 4 GB on an x86 system.  32-bit Windows won't make use of it all, however.

Pushing the Limits of Windows: Physical Memory

Monday, May 31, 2010 7:31 PM
  • On Sun, 30 May 2010 15:38:33 +0000, Tech Bear wrote:
    > At this point I looked more seriously at the memory limitations of Win 7 and discovered something that, had I known all along, I would never have had a problem. And this may apply to you too.
    >
    > Yes, we all know that the max limit is 4GBs

Sorry, that is *not* correct. First the 4GB limit is only for 32-bit
    Windows. Second, it's not just for Windows 7, but for all 32-bit
    client versions of Windows. Third, it isn't really a 4GB limit. Here's
    the accurate information:

All 32-bit client versions of Windows (not just Vista/XP/7) have a 4GB
    address space (64-bit versions can use much more). That's the
    theoretical upper limit beyond which you can not go.

But you can't use the entire 4GB of address space. Even though you
    have a 4GB address space, you can only use *around* 3.1GB of RAM.
    That's because some of that space is used by hardware and is not
    available to the operating system and applications. The amount you can
    use varies, depending on what hardware you have installed, but can
    range from as little as 2GB to as much as 3.5GB. It's usually around
    3.1GB.

Note that the hardware is using the address *space*, not the actual
    RAM itself. If you have a greater amount of RAM, the rest of the RAM
    goes unused because there is no address space to map it to.

> but no-one made it clear to me that this was 4GBs of memory INCLUDING any that I may have in other devices such as a graphics card. When I totalled that up I was well over the 4GB limit and suddenly realised why my system was crashing. Yours will too if you have more than 4GBs.

That is also *not* correct. You can install more than 4GB if you
    motherboard will accept it. The 32-bit versions of Windows will not
    use more than the approximately 3.1GB I explained above, but Windows
    will not mind its being there. If you've experienced crashing under
    those circumstances, it was from another cause.

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003

Ken Blake
    Monday, May 31, 2010 8:11 PM
  • Ken Blake, I bow to your superior knowledge of Microsoft’s strange little ways and
    thank you for confirming precisely what I wrote while translating my submission into “Microsoft Speak”.

As for your comment  > You can install more than 4 GB if your motherboard will accept it. The 32-bit versions of Windows will not use more than the approximately 3.1GB I explained above, but Windows will not mind it being there. If you are experiencing crashing under those circumstances, it was from another cause <

Of course, it could be a motherboard issue but this is a new Asus motherboard (a pretty acceptable brand, wouldn’t you say?) So how would you explain the following?

I now have to hand four identical and almost new Ballistix 2GB DDR 3 RAM modules. The motherboard (apart from its four other empty DIMMs slots) has two DDR3 - dedicated slots. With two 2GB modules installed (amounting to 4GBs of any mix of my four modules) Windows 7 crashes. With one 2GB module installed in either DDR3 slot, Windows 7 runs happily.

MemTest-86 confirms all four Ballistix modules are without error and runs normally when only one 2GB module is installed. However, with any two of my Ballistix modules installed MemTest-86 also crashes.

If that doesn’t look like a Windows problem perhaps Microsoft should talk compatibility with Crucial and/or Asus with regard to RAM configuration.

Keeping total RAM modules to 2GBs has cured my crashes, and may therefore help other people to do the same — hence my submission.

I have another PC running on a GigaByte motherboard with 2 X 2 GB Ballistix DDR3 RAM modules installed and that has never crashed.
    But then that PC is running 32-bit Windows XP Pro.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 1:01 PM
  • On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:01:19 +0000, Tech Bear wrote:

> Ken Blake, I bow to your superior knowledge of Microsoft?s strange little ways and thank you for confirming precisely what I wrote while translating my submission into ?Microsoft Speak?.
    >
    > As for your comment > You can install more than 4 GB if your motherboard will accept it. The 32-bit versions of Windows will not use more than the approximately 3.1GB I explained above, but Windows will not mind it being there. If you are experiencing crashing under those circumstances, it was from another cause <
    >
    > Of course, it could be a motherboard issue but this is a new Asus motherboard (a pretty acceptable brand, wouldn?t you say?) So how would you explain the following?

Sorry, I can't tell you what's causing your problem, but once again I
    can tell you that it's *not* Windows that will crash because there is
    more than 4GB installed.

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003

Ken Blake
    Tuesday, June 01, 2010 2:23 PM
  • Address Windowing Extensions would seem to be evidence that a 32-bit Windows system can deal with more than 4 GB RAM.  While the 32-bit Windows client SKUs are limited to 4 GB, the 32-bit server SKUs do go above 4 GB.

I understand the difference between client and server SKUs here, but given that the AWE functions are available on the client SKUs as well as server SKUs...

However, with any two of my Ballistix modules installed MemTest-86 also crashes. If that doesn’t look like a Windows problem perhaps Microsoft should talk compatibility with Crucial and/or Asus with regard to RAM configuration.

Unless I'm missing something, that memtest86, which runs outside of Windows, crashes when any two modules are installed, would seem to suggest some non-Windows (e.g., hardware, firmware) problem.

Indeed, your suggestion to work with each RAM module independently is a good troubleshooting suggestion that can be used to help determine where one can more closely focus one's efforts for further investigation.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 5:15 PM
  • I am having the same blue sceen issues.

I will take of one of my four memories slots out and see how that goes.

Thanks

Saturday, June 12, 2010 9:45 AM
  • @anthonysilvia - You would probably do best to create your own thread to post specifics of your problem.
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 11:54 AM
  • Hey anthonysilvia.

Tell me if something happend when you unplugged some of your ram sticks..!

I got bluescreens of death my self. Running win7 64b tho, so generally my system should be able to handle my 8gb ram just fine imo.

But who knows, maby it can make a difference. 

post as fast as u can bro...

Sunday, June 13, 2010 3:57 AM
  • I have just 1 gb of ram(2x DIMM 512 Mb DDR2) and win7 cames with blue Screan. Generaly it starts happening 1 week ago. These days it crash each 1 hour. Suddanly my lcd display(LG) turns black, shows up no signal. After 1 min PC get restart itself. So heeeelp please!!

I have ATI Radeon X1600, AMD Athlon 64 2X Dual Core Processor 3600+, MSI MS-7250 mainboard

Win 7 Ultimate, 64b

(sory for my english

Friday, June 18, 2010 10:36 PM
  • @MaTiseK - I'd suggest starting a new thread for your problem.
    Saturday, June 19, 2010 2:20 AM
  • I have had the same issue for a week now on a clients computer.

Dell Dimension E520  hardware and bios updates applied

Updated from WINXP pro to Win 7 pro x64

4 Gig ram   2X2Gig   kingston pc6400

Multiple Fresh load of win7 with all updates

BSOD  repeatedly   erro 0X01a  and error 50

It appears I have this resolved now

After running compatibility, memory (both windows and memtest86) testing, reducing memory to 1Gb (2X512) I noticed one single related failure in the event log regarding “power to cpu” interrupted.  Do not recall actual error but was never listed in any crash dump.

Since this is a desktop, I changed all power management settings to “Never” in the advanced settings for all conditions.

I have not received a crash since I made those changes.  I have run burnintest now for 72 hours without a single failure.  I have let the system sit idle for 48 hours with no failure.   I have now increased the ram back to 4Gb 2 x 2 and ran burnintest for 24 hours without failure.

When I reset power management back to default settings ---- BSOD

Changed power management back to “Never”     runs clean.

This is what worked for me.   IMO something has changed between what Microsoft is saying in their compatibility testing application and what is actually compatible TODAY with all the new patches that have occurred.

In addition     this machine with WindowsXP Pro has never had any issue before even with the 4Gb of ram installed.  Issue only started since Win7 installed.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:08 PM
  • I am so fed up with windows 7 BSOD's. I was using Windows XP but for some strange reason The system started crashing after installing SP3, Before I could install without any problem. So I thought I will test drive Win 7 trial before buying it, It works fine and all, but its persistent BSOD's while just browsing the net is very irritating, But the same system works fine with Ubuntu without giving any problems at all.. I have a good mind to stop using Windows al together, as my system at home is primarily used for browsing and some document editing. I have a feeling the older the hardware, Microsoft bombs their softwares on them so that Users will runs out and buy New hardware.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 8:50 AM
  • I have 4 GB ram, 4 X 1GB modules. If i take out one module, does the error solve? Or i have to take out 3 modules?
    Friday, August 20, 2010 8:09 PM
  • Hi Alex, start a new topic and upload your dmp files. Every crash is different. We have to look what is the cause for you.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Friday, August 20, 2010 9:03 PM
  • so what do u do if it has nothing to do with that I don't let mine sleep shut it down when I'm not useing it but I get this info:

Problem signature:

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 124

BCP1: 0000000000000000

BCP2: FFFFFA80036CA8F8

BCP3: 00000000F6002000

BCP4: 000000000000017A

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\082310-20295-01.dmp

C:\Users\************\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-39842-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Would love it if someone c!!!!!!!!!!!an please help me.  Thanks

• Proposed as answer by moca1004 Saturday, May 21, 2011 3:13 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by moca1004 Saturday, May 21, 2011 3:13 PM
    Monday, August 23, 2010 10:55 PM
  • Hi,

Can you zip the files in C:\Windows\Minidump and upload them to skydrive,

124 indicates a serious hardware error. We may be able to identify
    possible causes from the dump files.

More information,

-- Mike Burr
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:04 PM
  • hi i am not a wizz kid or owt but last time i got it is ages ago bsod is normally a hardware fail on mine i think was for some reason windows was dumping to my ram or some thing try uniblue it has driver scanner, Registry Booster, Speed Up My PC, and that should work if not 1st time after about 3 scans it fixed mine hope i helped soz if i dint i tried         

MELLORJ4744

• Edited by jay of tarn Sunday, December 05, 2010 2:28 AM mistakes
    Sunday, December 05, 2010 2:25 AM
  • Joe182, i want to know about this problem. i had purchased a dell pc few months back, and it encounted a blue screen error, it was so fast tht i couldnt get the STOP error code, so i called a engineer he did the ram test, i have 3 rams, 1 was sucessful, on other 2 it came hard disk not found, press f12 for recovery. he tried with a new motherboard, and when windows loaded, a message came, windows failed to start, a recent hardware or softer change may be the cause. so he installed new hard disk, installed the OS. He only reseated the ram. now few days back , again same problem, i myself reseated the RAM and it started working, i did the backup, the engineer tried with new ram but he failed, so he replaced the motherboard and so windows not started, he told my ram slots are  not working properly. Is the problem with my ram?

PLS HELP.

Saturday, December 18, 2010 2:56 AM
  • hey really not a tech man but hade similiar issues started in oct 2010.minimal blue screen.recently 3or more times a day and after loads of reading,posts minidump files maitenance norton scanswhich would not complete,I checked first dated issue in minidump and checked programs and would you believe there was a match, microsoft net framework 4 client profile clicked repair and NO blue screen after system scan. system would shut down with IE WMP MAIL AND OTHER APPLICATIONS WITH DIFFERENT REASONS LISTED IN BLUE SCREEN FROM MEMORY KERNAL THE LIST WAS SO LONG THAT I GOT TIRED OF WRITING THEM DOWN.MEMORY TESTS PULLING RAM. IF YOUR WINDOWS EXPERIENCE RUNS THROUGH RARLY EVER A HARDWARE PROBLEM.
    Friday, January 21, 2011 1:54 AM
  • If you have a bsod... please post new threads so we can investigate them individually, that way it saves confusion and we can help you direct.

MyPcHealth ------ Some Free Tools
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:51 PM
  • Hi, I tried the Uniblue 2 days ago but still BLUESCREEN APPEARS! And one thing more every time I used Uniblue registry booster to scan my pc it removes the sound driver. :) HELP!
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 9:14 PM
  • create a new topic and upload the dmp files from the folder C:\Windows\Minidump

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Monday, January 31, 2011 1:16 PM
  • I have faced this problem, and I solved it. The solution was due to incompatibility of RAM with the Mother-board Intel H55. There was no damage or manufacturing problem in the RAM. Just I changed the RAM (two pieces - 2x2GB) and used another manufacturing company, and everything going well. 
    Sunday, February 06, 2011 8:38 AM
  • Were you able to find the problem?  My laptop is giving me the same information.  Dell has been unable to find a solution. 
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:55 AM
  • Were you able to find the problem?  My laptop is giving me the same information.  Dell has been unable to find a solution. 

create your won topic and start the Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Windows\Minidump. Next, copy the dmp files to your desktop, zip all dmp into 1 zip file and upload the zip file to your public Skydrive [1] folder and post a link in your new topic.

André

[1] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:19 PM

create your won topic and start the Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Windows\Minidump. Next, copy the dmp files to your desktop, zip all dmp into 1 zip file and upload the zip file to your public Skydrive [1] folder and post a link in your new topic.

André

[1] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

The most simple and easy way to stop blue screen of death errors. Keep tapping F8 on boot up, select safe mode with networking. Once logged in, go to google and type in tdsskiller.exe. Download the exe not the zip. install tdsskiller and then scan. once scan is complete, select cure. Once all this is done, no more blue screen errors. Trusted download and Trusted technique, I have used this myself and it 100% works. P.S you may need to reinstall windows after tdsskiller scan as that will sort all drivers to original working state.  Hope this helps and it will save you going to a laptop or computer repairer and paying at least £40, when you can do it for free yourself.....
    Friday, February 25, 2011 4:41 PM
  • Does anyone tested the method described above?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:54 PM
  •  

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    1033

BCCode:    116
      BCP1:    853C1480
      BCP2:    8F424E16
      BCP3:    C0000001
      BCP4:    00000003
      OS Version:    6_1_7601
      Service Pack:    1_0
      Product:    256_1

F:\Windows\Minidump\041611-27203-01.dmp
      F:\Users\Xman\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-47250-0.sysdata.xml

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
      F:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

My computer keeps restarting after I log in about 10 minutes. I've just installed SP1 for Windows 7 Ultimate. Is it might be the reason? Please help to advise what I should do.

Thanks!

Saturday, April 16, 2011 3:01 AM
  • once i had this error(blue screen error) and my cpu stopped working. i put out my RAM, cleaned it with petrol and reinstalled it, the problem was resolved.
    Friday, April 22, 2011 1:33 PM
  • once i had this error(blue screen error) and my cpu stopped working. i put out my RAM, cleaned it with petrol and reinstalled it, the problem was resolved.

I just bought a new 1GB RAM a month ago and after around 2 or 3 weeks, I found out this blue screen error showing more often now. I want to clean the 1GB RAM now but I was wondering about what you said. "...and reinstalled it,..." exactly how are you going to do this? I mean, after I bought this RAM, I just plugged it in the slot and did nothing. Can you explain further as to how to install a newly bought RAM?

Thanks!

Sunday, May 08, 2011 1:14 AM
  • I've had the same Blue Screen error on my HP Touchsmart notebook since September 2010.

I sent the system for repairs last month. It came back from repairs indicating that they replaced the MEMORY RAM.

However the Blue Screen error continues till date!

Is this:

Hardware problem to be fixed by HP?

OR

Software problem to be fixed by Microsoft?

Can someone at Microsoft or HP suggest a solution which can fix this without making people do technical tasks viz. removing memory chips etc. 

• Proposed as answer by mckonny Monday, July 25, 2011 11:59 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by mckonny Monday, July 25, 2011 11:59 AM
    Tuesday, June 07, 2011 1:44 AM
  • Win7 64bit 6gb RAM Been getting the BSOD quite regularly last week. Tried everything. Restore etc. Hard to think of what one last did to sort of redo it. Finally it seem to pinpoint to Firefox 64 bit. i am using the 5.1 32bit version and it sort of stabilised a little. BSODed once today. Been using Win 7 for more than 2 years without any probs. Strange that we cannot fix this problem in this day and age. Advance Microsoft!!! Thinking of installing Linux/Ubuntu next week.
    Monday, July 25, 2011 12:07 PM
  • Hi,

The blue screen error in Windows 7 can occur due to the issues in the memory.

Windows 7 includes tools that can help identify and fix certain hardware and memory related errors.

You can see the error checking option in the Tools menu.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation and then click the ‘Check Now’ option.

You can activate ‘Automatic Fix’ to solve issues automatically.

If insufficient memory is the reason behind blue screen errors, then you need to upgrade system memory.

http://supportformicrosoft.iyogi.com/windows-7/windows-7-blue-screen-of-death-fix.html

Hope this information helps you.

Monday, October 03, 2011 7:13 AM
  • Alert Me, 

How you got this report ? I have same problem and I need to know the exact report. 

Does system logs error somewhere ? 

Thanks

Monday, December 19, 2011 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

If you need to analyze blue screen dumps,

-- Mike Burr
    Technology
    Monday, December 19, 2011 3:04 PM
  • recently ive got blue screen of death, i tried to find solutions on this, but still can find it., it says stop 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0X90f9D703, 0X8CAD7BAC, 0X8CAD7790)

ewusbnet.sys  Address 90f9D703 base at 90F9B000 DateStamp 4B1CE833

is there anyone how to fix this problem?

please help me guys!!...

Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:12 PM
  • Hello, I got blue screen error 4 times yesterday after I run the new Win7 x34 that has been installed on my laptop. I used to get those errors before mainly when I was using Picasa and that's why I asked for a professional help. The technician that looked at the laptop said he tried running different tests and there was no crush neither he found any problem. I'm giving you here the link with the 4 dmp files from yesterday. http://www.mediafire.com/?gex141jkcinxak2 If anyone can help me or tell me what the reason might be I'll highly appreciate it. Thank you, Maria
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:24 AM
  • Hi, the error you received was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,

It is blaming sis163u.sys, this appears to be related to a wireless LAN
    adapter for your system. The version is from 2007 and should be updated
    if at all possible.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
    An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
    interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  This is usually
    caused by drivers using improper addresses.
    If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000004f, memory referenced
    Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
    Arg3: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
    Arg4: 8236a7c4, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
    ------------------
     READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82974718
    Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 829541a0
     0000004f

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

FAULTING_IP:
    sis163u+177c4
    8236a7c4 8b434f          mov     eax,dword ptr [ebx+4Fh]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0xD1

PROCESS_NAME:  System

TRAP_FRAME:  8c4f1c4c -- (.trap 0xffffffff8c4f1c4c)
    ErrCode = 00000000
    eax=00000000 ebx=00000000 ecx=866f34c8 edx=00000000 esi=86b3400c edi=864bb000
    eip=8236a7c4 esp=8c4f1cc0 ebp=8c4f1cd4 iopl=0         nv up ei ng nz ac pe nc
    cs=0008  ss=0010  ds=0023  es=0023  fs=0030  gs=0000             efl=00010296
    sis163u+0x177c4:
    8236a7c4 8b434f          mov     eax,dword ptr [ebx+4Fh] ds:0023:0000004f=????????
    Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from 8236a7c4 to 8284b5cb

STACK_TEXT:
    8c4f1c4c 8236a7c4 badb0d00 00000000 864bb000 nt!KiTrap0E+0x2cf
    WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
    8c4f1cd4 8236ab33 00000000 00b3400c 86b3400c sis163u+0x177c4
    8c4f1cec 823765e6 864bb000 86b3400c 86b3400c sis163u+0x17b33
    8c4f1d0c 8235493d 004bb000 00000610 40000100 sis163u+0x235e6
    8c4f1d2c 823557b4 00000027 00000000 00000000 sis163u+0x193d
    8c4f1d50 82a13f5e 866f3000 a15143c3 00000000 sis163u+0x27b4
    8c4f1d90 828bb219 823554c4 866f3000 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
    00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19
     STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
    sis163u+177c4
    8236a7c4 8b434f          mov     eax,dword ptr [ebx+4Fh]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  1

SYMBOL_NAME:  sis163u+177c4

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: sis163u

IMAGE_NAME:  sis163u.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  463ebdbb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0xD1_sis163u+177c4

BUCKET_ID:  0xD1_sis163u+177c4

Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------

0: kd>  lmvm sis163u
    start    end        module name
    82353000 82388600   sis163u  T (no symbols)
        Loaded symbol image file: sis163u.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sis163u.sys
        Image name: sis163u.sys
        Timestamp:        Sun May 06 23:48:43 2007 (463EBDBB)
        CheckSum:         00044A10
        ImageSize:        00035600
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

-- Mike Burr
    Technology
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:29 AM
  • I would recommend running free program called memtest86+ latest ISO to be burned to disc on a known good computer then boot the suspect machine

and run for at least 3 complete passes (about 8 tests each pass or 1.5 hours on my machine) This will test ram better than anything else

I know. Pay special attention to the test #5, if it fails but all others pass, most likely your hardware is OK but the CAS latency set

from within the BIOS of the Motherboard is incorrect. Test 5 seems affected by timing and control issues.

I have noticed the MORE ram you install the slower the RAM wants to run ????

Possibly due to increased parasitic capacitance by the additional boards installed.

Good luk Comrade.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:07 PM
  • Hey my lap top has been crashing with a blue screen for well over a year now... Can someone help me with this??

Here's the problem details:

Problem signature:

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 6153

BCCode: a

BCP1: 0000000000000000

BCP2: 0000000000000002

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: FFFFF80002C85D75

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\022212-96018-01.dmp

C:\Users\CJokes\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-136235-0.sysdata.xml

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:12 PM
  • Hi Sachthep, I had the same problem before. It may happen due to few reasons. Mostly because registry errors. Check this out: How to Fix Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death Error Easily & Speed Up your Computer in Just 2 Minutes

Hope it helps.

Monday, March 12, 2012 7:49 AM
  • Thanks Jim :) It was really helpful.
    Monday, March 12, 2012 7:51 AM
  • Hello there .. I got like this error .. please can anybody help me .. many Thanks in advance

Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:11 AM