none
EUDORA, WINDOWS 7

Question

• WIndows 7 as with VIsta will not let me install Eudora correctly...it corrupted my address book several time and now after trying to install it over and over (after removing it) I am in a disaster.  It keeps seeing folders that are not there when I try to install it.  I love Eudora and have used it for years...I can't stand Win 7/VIsta...I wish I could put xp back but the program won't let me.  Can anyone help with this mess?!!
    Monday, November 02, 2009 6:03 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Nephties,

Thanks for your post.  Eudora 7.1 can be installed with Windows 7.

Please check with the system requirements of Eudora.  I have tried installing the application from the below mentioned link and it works fine. 

Folder virtualization:

In cases like this where an application fails to handle Vista/7 folder virtualization (a mechanism to protect system files) you can install  the application to a non-system folder.  In my case I used the path C:\ProgramData\.  Because of folder virtualization the application checks for folders that are not present.

NOTE – Disclaimer:

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

System requirements of Eudora:

Please check with this Official website of Eudora 7.1 for its system requirements http://www.eudora.com/download/

I hope this will resolve your issue.  If you face some other problems on the same issue please post back.

Thanks, M Anbu
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:28 PM

All replies

• What version of Eudora?
    Monday, November 02, 2009 2:43 PM
  •  

Hi Nephties,

Thanks for your post.  Eudora 7.1 can be installed with Windows 7.

Please check with the system requirements of Eudora.  I have tried installing the application from the below mentioned link and it works fine. 

Folder virtualization:

In cases like this where an application fails to handle Vista/7 folder virtualization (a mechanism to protect system files) you can install  the application to a non-system folder.  In my case I used the path C:\ProgramData\.  Because of folder virtualization the application checks for folders that are not present.

NOTE – Disclaimer:

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

System requirements of Eudora:

Please check with this Official website of Eudora 7.1 for its system requirements http://www.eudora.com/download/

I hope this will resolve your issue.  If you face some other problems on the same issue please post back.

Thanks, M Anbu
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:28 PM