none
replace windows 8

Question

• I bought a new hp 2000 notebook. It has windows 8 on it. Can I replace windows 8 with windows 7?
    Friday, November 02, 2012 2:54 PM

Answers

• As Dariusg mentioned, check HP site for drivers for Windows 7. HP2000 is not really sufficient information as there are different configurations. Go to support.hp.com and see if they have Windows 7 drivers on-line for you to download and if they support Windows 7. According to this page from HP, this subset model does

You will need to purchase a Windos 7 license with installation media.

Give Windows 8 a shot, it's really good. Just gets a little getting used to the new interface. If you select desktop from the UI, you will see the familiar Windows 7 desktop with the exception of the Start menu.

Miguel Fra | Falcon IT Services, Miami, FL
    www.falconitservices.com | www.falconits.com | Blog

Friday, November 02, 2012 3:21 PM

All replies

• Well that would be a question for the vendor depending on if you have download rights with the licensing you received from HP. 
    Friday, November 02, 2012 3:08 PM
  • As Dariusg mentioned, check HP site for drivers for Windows 7. HP2000 is not really sufficient information as there are different configurations. Go to support.hp.com and see if they have Windows 7 drivers on-line for you to download and if they support Windows 7. According to this page from HP, this subset model does

You will need to purchase a Windos 7 license with installation media.

Give Windows 8 a shot, it's really good. Just gets a little getting used to the new interface. If you select desktop from the UI, you will see the familiar Windows 7 desktop with the exception of the Start menu.

Miguel Fra | Falcon IT Services, Miami, FL
    www.falconitservices.com | www.falconits.com | Blog

Friday, November 02, 2012 3:21 PM
  • Please see: Contact HP

Carey Frisch

Friday, November 02, 2012 7:39 PM
  • I have to disagree. Windows 8 is not "really good" - not if you have a keyboard and mouse. It's the most frustrating OS I've ever used, and the more I use it, the less I like it. I have never before had to configure a new OS so much, and still, if I touch the mousepad in the wrong place, I discover that what is displayed has switched, whether I wanted it to or not. I'm constantly being switched out of what I was working on.

Not suitable for keyboard and mouse - should only ever have been released for touchscreen.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 8:47 PM