none
How to install Cab file in win 7.. pkgmgr.exe is giving error

Question

• HI,

I'm trying to install FIM 2010 client update CAB file [64 bit] on Windows 7 64 bit OS.

i ran the below command through elevated command window but got the "operation failed with  0x80070002 the system can not find   the file specified

c:\Temp> pkgmgr /ip /m:c:\temp\FIMUPdate.cab

How do i install the cab file in windows 7? please help.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 4:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It could be caused by a corrupted installation file, try to download another copy of this update and then install again to check how it works.

Meanwhile, it is also recommended to post to Forefront Identity Manager 2010 Forum for further help:

Forefront Identity Manager 2010 Forum

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, March 04, 2011 9:47 AM

All replies

• the file is present on the mentioned path
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Hi,

It could be caused by a corrupted installation file, try to download another copy of this update and then install again to check how it works.

Meanwhile, it is also recommended to post to Forefront Identity Manager 2010 Forum for further help:

Forefront Identity Manager 2010 Forum

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, March 04, 2011 9:47 AM