none
Security Center

Question

• Hi

I go to start up then control panel then click on Security Center and then I get this msg saying:

The Security Center is currently unavailable because : The Security Center has not started or was stopped. Please close this window and restart the computer. Which I have done to no avail. (or start the Security Center Service again.

Re-open Security and the Maintenance Settings for Internet Options ,Windows Firewall and Internet Options  are all enabled or on Auto.

Go to start up again then Run type in Services.Msc and all are either on Auto or Enabled.

My computer was completely shut down for five days as was another computer but it has all come back except mine.

My question is where is the Service Center Service in windows XP service pack 3 and how do I restart it and get rid of that msg for good. Have done a complete computer scan in safe mode nothing there.

Thanking you

Peter McCabe

Sunday, June 24, 2012 3:31 PM

All replies

• Under services, 'Security Center' should be listed.  Make sure its status says its running, if not right click on it and select run.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:00 AM