none
Imagex.exe not recognizable as internal or external command in WinPE

Question

• I was wondering if anyone can advise how to have imagex work on a bootable WinPE disk?  I have tried many different approaches and methods and i have numerous disks that boot to Win PE command prompt, but with I try to capture a reference image from the X:>, imagex.exe s not recognized as a command?

Thanks,
    Ray
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:26 PM

Answers

• You have to copy ImageX to your Windows PE Image.

The Walkthru mentions this.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709665(WS.10).aspx

<quote>
    Step 4: (Optional) Add Additional Customizations
    This step is optional but recommended. You can add applications and scripts to your Windows PE image that you might need while working in Windows PE. The following is a list of common tools to include in your Windows PE image.

ImageX
    A command-line tool for capturing and applying images during deployment scenarios. For example, at a command prompt,

copy “c:\program files\<version>\Tools\x86\imagex.exe” c:\winpe_x86\iso\
    </quote>

Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:38 PM

All replies

• You have to copy ImageX to your Windows PE Image.

The Walkthru mentions this.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709665(WS.10).aspx

<quote>
    Step 4: (Optional) Add Additional Customizations
    This step is optional but recommended. You can add applications and scripts to your Windows PE image that you might need while working in Windows PE. The following is a list of common tools to include in your Windows PE image.

ImageX
    A command-line tool for capturing and applying images during deployment scenarios. For example, at a command prompt,

copy “c:\program files\<version>\Tools\x86\imagex.exe” c:\winpe_x86\iso\
    </quote>

Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:38 PM
  • Once you boot from the Winpe Disk, go to the d: drive and you should fine Imagex. (that's if you copied it to the \iso forlder before creating the image with oscdimg)

to go to the d: drive, type d:<enter>

Hope this works for you,

Tepa

Saturday, October 30, 2010 7:27 PM
  • it's not bringing over imagex??

"c:\program files\windows aik\Tools\x86\imagex.exe” c:\winpe_x86\iso"

Anyone know why? It should be in the ISO but it does not work!!??!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 8:03 PM
  • Check other drive letters. If you have removable drives or card readers on the system it will bump the cd drive letter to a higher letter. On mine it happens to be g:

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:11 PM
  • This solved my problem.  My c: drive became d:

Thanks

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:55 AM
  • i found my imagex on a different drive as well, but i ran into a different problem. how do i know which drive letters i currently have when in the PE command prompt and which disk they represent?

My imagex was on i think e: and i ran command to do the following:

E:\imagex.exe /capture C: C:\myimage.wim "my Win7 Install" /compress fast /verify 
    i got the above thread from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd349348(WS.10).aspx except E: was D:. according to the thread, it creates an image of c: and places it into the c:? when i restart my machine back into win7 there is no "myimage.wim" file in the c:.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Monday, January 30, 2012 1:18 AM