none
Network store interface service takes too much to load

Question

• Hi guys,

I'm having a problem recently because of the "network store interface service". I reinstalled IIS 7 on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and after that, it began taking a very long time for my PC to load (from the time I enter my credentials untill my desktop is loaded). I tried to get to the cause of it by stopping all the services used by Windows and then manually starting all of them at boot time using "msconfig" (it took me a while :) ) and I finally found that when I check the service in the thread's title to be started at boot time, it takes up to 5 minutes to load my desktop. 

Do you have any idea on how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated :)

Friday, March 01, 2013 2:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

This service is responsible for delivering Network Notification to User Mode clients. So I suspect that your issue may be related to Network Adatper drivers. Can you please try to uninstall all the network drivers using the following steps and try again.

1. Open Devices Manager.

2. Show all hidden devices.

3. Expand Network adapters and delete all the adapters listed.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 04, 2013 8:21 AM
  • I've already done that. If I uninstall the driver, and then restart (without reinstalling the network adapter driver), the service starts very quickly (and so does the booting process). But as soon as I reinstall the driver and restart, the service starts taking a long time again.
    Monday, March 04, 2013 3:59 PM
  • Hi,

The driver is the cause. Is there any update version from manufacturer?

Juke Chou

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:23 AM
  • I've installed the latest driver for Win 7 x64 and I still have the issue. Any other suggestion?
    Friday, March 22, 2013 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

Actually, we already narrow down the issue to the driver. I think it is the culprit. Maybe you could try another NIC.

Juke Chou

Monday, March 25, 2013 7:42 AM
  • I don't think it's the NIC, because in the first months I had Windows installed, I had no problems. I'm thinking to reinstalling Windows 7.
    Monday, March 25, 2013 8:09 AM
  • Hi,

Another troubleshooting way is a little complicated. Refer to http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproperf/thread/3596b55e-e21d-4185-95a3-8c4503987910

Juke Chou

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:31 AM
  • Hi, I noticed the same thing.  Found out it was related to VPN.  When I turned VPN off cpu usage for that service went down.  Hope this helps.

Seth O'Neal

Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:50 PM