none
Error 1297: "ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_SERVICE_PRIVILEGE 1297” FTP service in Windows 7 computer.

Question

• I have a user "user1" with administrative priviledges on my Windows 7 ultimate machine.

I installed FTP service after I logged in as the above mentioned user. The FTP service installed succesfully and I can start the service also.

Now when I changed the Logon as account of the service to user1 I am unable to start the service and getting an error 1297

with the following message " ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_SERVICE_PRIVILEGE 1297: A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in (services.msc) and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration"

I have tried this on machines which are part of domain and also which are standalone but everywhere I am getting the same error.

Friday, January 06, 2012 3:21 AM

Answers

• There can be many causes for the error code 1297. It can be causes by a viruses, malware, spyware, adware or simply a corrupt application. Sometimes, it can be caused by installing a new application without completely removing a conflicting application.

Please use SFC to check your system files:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Also make a whole disk scan to check if any virus or spyware in your PC.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:23 AM
  • ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_SERVICE_PRIVILEGE 1297 (0X511) means: A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in (services.msc) and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:33 AM

All replies

• There can be many causes for the error code 1297. It can be causes by a viruses, malware, spyware, adware or simply a corrupt application. Sometimes, it can be caused by installing a new application without completely removing a conflicting application.

Please use SFC to check your system files:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Also make a whole disk scan to check if any virus or spyware in your PC.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:23 AM
  • ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_SERVICE_PRIVILEGE 1297 (0X511) means: A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in (services.msc) and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:33 AM