none
Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adaptor Driver Issue

Question

• Hi,

Got a brand new Windows 7 PC. Experienced one BSOD when searching network for other devices, and another flat out freeze when Windows Update asked me to restart. My PC under devices and printers showed that it needed troubleshooting. Windows identified the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adaptor as the problem, suggesting a reinstall of the driver- to which it attempted, and failed. I have thus simply uninstalled this device from device manager. I expect Windows will find it again on reboot.

What is this adaptor, and do I need to worry about it? I'm connecting through Wifi with no problems, but I do plan to connect through a wire soon, once I can get hold of one long enough..

This is 64bit Windows 7, Core 2 Quad, 6gb RAM. I have added no new hardware.

Thanks

Ashley
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 10:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Just for a try, please remove the Wireless NIC driver completely and reinstall it to see how it works. If there is a new version for Windows 7, please also try it.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:02 AM
  • Good News!

My Win 7 updater downloaded a new Atheros wifi driver witch indeed solve the wifi miniport driver problem.

Thank You MS!

best regards,

Jocc
    Friday, December 04, 2009 3:16 PM
  • Same here - caught the optional update through Windows Update last night. New driver appears to have fixed the problem.

Thanks!
    Friday, December 04, 2009 5:01 PM

All replies

• Same problem being experienced on a brand new Compaq CQ61-313US laptop (Staples special purchase) Windows 7 64Bit system. I've found at least 3 other users reporting the same bug on the HP forum http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Internet&message.id=4732&query.id=341146#M4732

Starting to seem like this is a Windows 7 problem - would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:15 AM
  • Hi Ashley,

Regarding the “Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter”, I would like to share the following with you:

Wireless Hosted Network Sample

Please note the section “WirelessHostedNetwork”.

This should be a virtual device, if the network works fine, we can just safely ignore this issue.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 11:13 AM
  • Hi Ashley,

Regarding the “Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter”, I would like to share the following with you:

This should be a virtual device, if the network works fine, we can just safely ignore this issue.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT

How is that going to fix the problem? I have it too. And I dowloaded that, I can't ignore this. Are you trying to avoid this?
    Friday, November 13, 2009 9:55 PM
  • Nicholas,

Here is my concern.  Same problem as everyone else.  i tried to uninstall the adapter and when I looked for hardware changes, it puts it back in and then my computer detects a problem and shuts down!  If I just uninstall and don't look for hardware changes, restart computer, it's back again.

i could just leave the adapter there with the error on it but it obvious is a problem. 

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:24 AM
  • Hey!

Same problem here! Tried to uninstall the driver several times, but the problem seems to come back everytime after rebooting my system.
    I also use a brand new Compaq cq71-310SD, which is a 64 bit Windows 7 notebook,  just one week old. I think it's a Windows7  bug or something...

Greetz Jacqueline
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:33 AM
  • I have the exact same problem and also bought a Compac from Staples about 3 weeks ago.  I can't print wirelessly and need to print and this is extremely frustrating.  All of the advise i have read here makes little sense to me.  Can someone just tell me what to do or is there no way to fix this?
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:24 PM
  • I have a HP Pavilion 2010eh with the same problem. I checked that the two notebooks mentioned and mine are useing the same wifi card: Aheros AR9285.
    We are both useing win 7 64.

Miniport is not necesary but its a very useful thing to do wifi hopping. It should work.

Can ewerybody tell wat config is hi use, and what OS, so we can make som conclusions!!!

Jocc
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:22 PM
  • Hi,

Just for a try, please remove the Wireless NIC driver completely and reinstall it to see how it works. If there is a new version for Windows 7, please also try it.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:02 AM
  • Nicholas,

Removing the driver and reinstalling the latest was one of the first steps I tried wtih Compaq support, but it had no effect. Please let us know if there is anything else we can try.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 5:26 PM

• HI

I also tired to reinstall the driver, it doesn't help.

Bud t what we figured out with HP support guy, is the following:

When you do a system reinstall it comes up with no wifi miniport driver.

I could connect jump between networks, be connected to a modem to wifi a cable at a time, so We assumed that the wifi card is good.

When I tired to install a printer (I just went to Control panel, .... printers), and before i started it freezes. With this in parallel came up first the miniport driver.

From that on it always want to come on, so i just disabled the driver, but í could install an ip printer and everything is just fine.

But, the question is, what is good this driver for? Do we miss something?

After all this I made a full update with HP original sw upgrade program, and 3 unknown bluetooth show up, without driver, i disabled them also after i could not updated manually, becouse i dont like to see yellow triangles everywhere.
    Bluetooth also works.

Im just hoping that i will be no problem come up after the guarantee period!

Jocc

Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:28 PM
  • I am having the same problem with Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adaper. Told the "file could not be verified because it does not have an associated catalog signed via authenticode.
    Could this have anything to do with why "Windows shut down unexpectedly" happens every time I put it into sleep? I have an HP 64 bit. This has been happening since I installed Windows 7 Professional. Any ideas?
    Friday, November 27, 2009 4:07 PM
  • Try disable the driver, i guess it will solve the unexpected error.

Jocc
    • Proposed as answer by Jocc_ Friday, December 04, 2009 3:12 PM
    Wednesday, December 02, 2009 12:46 PM
  • Good News!

My Win 7 updater downloaded a new Atheros wifi driver witch indeed solve the wifi miniport driver problem.

Thank You MS!

best regards,

Jocc
    Friday, December 04, 2009 3:16 PM
  • Same here - caught the optional update through Windows Update last night. New driver appears to have fixed the problem.

Thanks!
    Friday, December 04, 2009 5:01 PM
  • The best way to prevent this problem is to disable the Microsoft Wifi Adaptor. This enables the Atheros Wireless Network Adapter to work rather than the Microsoft Wifi Adaptor. Trust me, it happened to me and by disabling it no problems occured.
    • Proposed as answer by aguero_tech Friday, December 25, 2009 2:22 PM
    Friday, December 25, 2009 2:22 PM
  • Sorry,...new to forum,...but about this issue of the microsoft virtual wifi adapter not working in windows 7,.....I have a 64 bit Acer and looked to see the virtal wifi driver was in the system 32 branch,....is this a relavent issue?  I mean that it seems to be a 32 bit driver on a 64 bit machine. thanks,...enjoy hearing a response.
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 8:09 AM
  • Hi Ashley,

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT

What a useless response to a serious issue. This is a serious issue as this adapter is needed to see home networks and shared printers. Nicholas your comment is zero help.
    • Proposed as answer by Fred C_ Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:31 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:48 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    What is the wireless NIC driver mean? What does NIC mean? I have a Acer with Windows 7 64 bit and I can go online but cannot see shared printers and the miniport adapter is not working code 31. I have tried everything I think. Acer wont help as they say it is a Microsoft problem.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:53 PM
  • Sorry,...new to forum,...but about this issue of the microsoft virtual wifi adapter not working in windows 7,.....I have a 64 bit Acer and looked to see the virtal wifi driver was in the system 32 branch,....is this a relavent issue?  I mean that it seems to be a 32 bit driver on a 64 bit machine. thanks,...enjoy hearing a response.
    Guess what, i've got the same problem on probably the same machine (mine is an Acer 5332) using a preinstalled windows 7 OS. I tried unistalling it but it came back, tried disabling it, that didn't work either. Its done this one before when i first had the laptop back in November but it went away, (the problem driver still wasn't fixed though) and now all of a sudden it started to act up again, so i'm rather confused about this. oo yea, i tried to update it the last time and it said that the "best" one was already installed. If anyone can enlighten me on this re-occurring problem then it would be much appreciated. Thanks 
    Monday, February 01, 2010 11:54 PM
  • i had same problem i have emachines e627 win7 premium64 bit but i think this is a win7 problem. okay follow step by step cause lot of people trying to explain but forget

some parts. first go to your manufacter website and try to down load your current wireless adapter what ever it is, never mind the wifi mini port for now. once u find that

disable mini port. then unistall include sys directories its a check box before u accept uninstall. then disable and unistall wireless adater not lan, restart. when u restart it

may say unknown network adapter or some like that in device manager. go to device manger and disable this device. when ur done install ur downloaded file from

previous download, if u dont have it u may be screwed. then restart. if it does not reconze it on first time its okay just plug ethernet cord in right click on unknown device

or how ever its listed, and once conected to internet go back to device manger right click and update. and there u go. this worked for me email if any problems nstockert420

THIS WILL WORK IF U FOLLOW EXACTLY
    • Proposed as answer by nstockert420 Wednesday, February 03, 2010 3:57 AM
    Wednesday, February 03, 2010 3:57 AM
  • I have the same problem, noted in the Device Manager, but its not at present causing me grief. I do not like any of the solutions yet presented.
    I find that with your new OS, and that so many are having the same problem, and for each of us here in the forum trying to find a solution multiply that by 10,000 who do not know about forums, you Ms have a problem.
    Please resolve it with a "fix" as the 10,000 will have no idea what you are talking about and only discredit your OS, which I have to say is a very marked improvement to Vista.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:46 PM
  • is this a joke by ms? i have seen this problem on so many sites.with all the prolems ms had with vista they are just sitting back while problems like this snowball.come on ms you have to do better!
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 7:00 AM
  • The problem isn't MS - it's ignorant users.

For anyone else browsing these forums looking for an answer to issues with the virtual driver:

It's only present when a win7 compatible nic driver is installed that supports virtual wifi.

If your wireless nic driver isn't working properly, it's a fault in that driver, not in the virtual wifi driver.

I think where most of you mouth breathers are having an issue is with cheap PC's sold right after win7 was released.

A lot of manufacturers shipped nic drivers that were essentially incomplete.

Sometimes, it's not even the correct driver, but works well enough for the oem to get units out the door.

They support basic functionality, but not the entire feature set of the nic hardware.

You do an update later, a new nic driver is installed based on the hardware id's of the device.

Depending on how sloppy the oem was in hacking together a driver package, the result may or may not be a better driver.

Keep in mind that the oem didn't install drivers by running through a setup process - everything on your new oem pc was slammed on to it via an image.

---

Driver support for win7 64bit is poor - thats a manufacturer/consumer issue.

When nic cards sold for $300, there was support in their drivers for every OS under the sun.

Now, with consumers demanding the absolutely cheapest pc they get get their grimy fingers on, manufacturers are reluctant to even assign developers to code updated drivers until the OS code is RTM.

MS bent over backwards this time around by implementing a very long period during which the OS was code complete, and nothing in the core touched or altered for several months (the open beta.)

Manufacturers had no excuse whatsoever for not shipping complete, functional, tested drivers long before the official release date.

They still failed.

This is truly not a MS issue, though one of their people should have explained it properly.

• Proposed as answer by danny.bell91 Monday, October 11, 2010 3:18 PM
    Sunday, June 06, 2010 2:56 PM
  • How do you do that, I searched my computer and couldn't find a wireless nic driver

Sunday, July 25, 2010 8:03 AM
  • I have the same problem. A brand new Dell Studio XPS 9100. I can't get my HP network printer driver to work (network cable). I have the latest updates from Windows. This problem is not fixed yet.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 11:21 PM
  • Yep, same problem here with My Acer Aspire 5332. Now I think I know wy i can't connect wirelessly to our Epson printer. Wish I'd known before. This laptop has done a lot of mileage being dragged around various "experts" because of it.  (angry)  Anyhow, how do I disable said adaptor? can't find it in devices. help!
    Wednesday, November 03, 2010 9:23 PM
  • And another Acer Revo with the MICROSOFT Virtual wifi miniport Adaptor problem.  I've read through this and am amazed.  There is a systematic problem here that needs a simple download fix from Microsoft.  Its a microsoft adaptor problem so needs a microsoft fix.  I've read the reply from Out-ye demons etc. and clearly I'm one of the ignorant users as I don't follow a single part of his answer.  I think we have moved on from the time when you needed to have a degree in IT to work a computer.  Bring on the fix   
    Saturday, November 06, 2010 3:41 PM
  • And another thing> If I type Wireless NIC Drivers into help in Windows 7 I get 0 results.  So this isn't getting me anywhere.
    Saturday, November 06, 2010 4:04 PM
  • Thanks jocc_

i adopted your help

found ok

Swaminathan

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:29 AM
  • well you cant uninstall it its a part of windows but you can disable it, at first right clicking and click disable in device manger,but i found a command that disables it to.at first i though it was  the same as above but it actually disables the service and its gone wow first stop it in cmd as admin "netsh wlan stop hostednetwork" no quotes. then stop the service by  typing "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow" also no quotes IT WORKS WOW TRY IT!!!
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 4:53 PM
  • well you cant uninstall it its a part of windows but you can disable it, at first right clicking and click disable on device manger,but i found a command that disables it to.at first i though it was  the same as above but it actually disables the service and its gone wow first stop it in cmd as admin "netsh wlan stop hostednetwork" no quotes. then stop the service by  typing "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow" also no quotes IT WORKS WOW TRY IT!!!
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 4:54 PM
  • i had a bad experience about this Microsoft Virtual Wifi miniport adapter..,
    everytime it appears i can hardly connect to wifi networks..i keep doing system restore after it appears in my system coz i cant really remove it..it installs automatically..i got it from several program installs
    - avg update/upgrade
    - windows update
    - atheros driver update
    -etc..grrrr..how can i get rid of this thing!
    • Proposed as answer by cohaver Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:41 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:15 PM
  • I'm having an adapter issue too.

My 11 year old Dell laptop running WinXP easily connected to any wireless network even if it was 3 blocks away or further.  And that is with a cheap Airlink101 usb wireless adapter I found online for 12.00 USD.

Now I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15R, running Windows 7 64bit, 4 gigs of ram, 500gb hard drive, with an intel wirless adapter and I am lucky if I connect to anything.

Now I will not throw my credentials out there and say "I am smart and you are stupid so this should just work" but I will say this:  I started tinkering with computers back when the only choice for a home pc was a Radio Shack TRS-80, Atari 400 or 800, or the Commodore 64, and some others.  (I owned the Atari 800xl)

While I was not fortunate enough to attend a 4 year college, I did learn the ropes and ultimately attended a computer 'school' to get my professional diploma so I could get a job in some field.  I started on the help desk and worked through different departments, ultimately ending up in Information Security. 

I will not pretend to be an expert but I do consider myself a skilled power user, or more specifically, a professional - paid - highly experienced - computer Ninja - of all computer areas.

So I will leave everyone with this, the WiFi functionality should simply work.  Yes, there are hundreds of adapters and hundreds of millions of lines of code from thousands of manufacturers that work against this but this is not curing a disease.  I will not buy an Apple computer but this is why many folks jump the Windows ship, because they tire of banging their heads against the wall after paying 500, 600, 700, 800+ dollars for something that should at the very least get them on the internet.  This leads me to another question, how much should we consumers with our "grimy hands" spend to get something that works?  Which laptop or home pc comes with a different/better wireless adapter then what we have?  My understanding was that most peripherals while manufactured by dozens of companies, still rely on a handful of common chips/chipsets.

I don't care how cheap the technology is, or how expensive.  I have used cheap components and I have used expensive components.  When running Windows 3.x, Windows 98, Windows XP, and Windows 7, and even Ubunto, or Sabayon linux distros, you always find issues.  Hence one reason why Apple likes to control their software by only installing on their hardware.

I don't see anyone on here blaming Microsoft.  I am a proponent of Microsoft.  Maybe even a die-hard, being a Zune HD owner and a Windows Mobile phone owner (crazy, right?).  But people are here looking for a solution not a lecture.

So if somebody - be it Microsoft, Intel, or the driver signing authority, Dell, or whomever, can help then please do so.  Please figure out why the 1 commonality here - Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter, seems to be related to this issue in some way.  We know it may not be your fault Miniport, but you sure aren't a poplular fella here!

Removing tongue from cheek...Done.

• Edited by Rob_Adm Thursday, April 07, 2011 4:55 PM Spelling
    Thursday, April 07, 2011 4:48 PM
  • I have dell inspiron n5010.. i installed all the drivers and softwares from the dell support site.. but i m not finding my wifi adaper.
    When i first installed and looked in device manager there were two network drivers named DW1501 WIRELESS-N WLAN HALF-MINI CARD #2 and MICROSOFT VIRTUAL WiFi MINIPORT ADAPTER #3.but i didnt get my wifi adapter when i run my wifi technologies utility provided with the support.
    Then i uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and nothing changed except the virtual driver name changed to MICROSOFT VIRTUAL WiFi MINIPORT ADAPTER #4..again uninstalled and reinstalled and name changed to MICROSOFT VIRTUAL WiFi MINIPORT ADAPTER #5.
    What is this and what does this numbering mean and it changes. and still i m not getting wifi adapter..
    PLEASE HELP. 
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:54 AM
  • Come on people I have the answer here it is well you cant uninstall it its a part of windows but you can disable it, at first right clicking and click disable in device manger,but i found a command that disables it to.at first i though it was  the same as above but it actually disables the service and its gone wow first stop it in cmd as admin "netsh wlan stop hostednetwork" no quotes. then stop the service by  typing "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow" also no quotes IT WORKS WOW TRY IT!!!
    • Proposed as answer by test tyler Sunday, April 24, 2011 12:26 AM
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 12:26 AM
  •  

TRY WHAT?

DISABLE SOMETHING YOU PAYED4.

hmmnnnn sound like microsoft cant fix this problem

2 years went by and yet NO fix

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
    Friday, April 29, 2011 9:06 PM
  • OK so my grimy hands bought a cheap computer pardon me for not expecting it to be a total piece of crap. Excuse me for living on the same planet with someone as obviously superior as yourself. Now that you've duly chastised us knuckle dragging mouth breathers could you demonstrate your vast knowledge by TELLING US HOW TO FIX IT? Or do you not know how? I guess that wasn't clear in your post whereas yo spent so much time berating average shmucks like me.

WHAT IS THE FIX Mr Know it all?

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:17 PM
  • Thank You  Ashley ofr working on this just let me known when it is good to go or if you need me to do anything on my

end.,

• Proposed as answer by babygril Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:49 PM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:45 PM
  • JUST DISABLE IT YOUR COMPUTER WILL WORK JUST FINE MS HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE ON HOW OT FIX IT
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 10:35 PM
  • I also have this problem. Someone said something about an optional update, I found that same update and installed it and it did not do anything. It still says that the same driver is in place and the problem is still a problem. Are there any more updates coming for this annoyance??
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:12 AM
  • Hi, I've had the same problem for a few months and the instructions you gave of uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless driver worked. I thank you also for your post Nicholas Li  Tom from Yonkers, NY

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:46 PM
  • I have dell vostro 1015 .I installed all the drivers and softwares from the dell support site.. but i m not finding my wifi adaper.
    When i first installed and looked in device manager there yellow triangle in network drivers named  MICROSOFT VIRTUAL WiFi MINIPORT ADAPTER #3.but i didnt get my wifi adapter when i run my wifi technologies utility provided with the support.

Erorr code (31)

Thanks for any one help me ...
    Saturday, September 03, 2011 12:17 AM
  • Go to Control Panel then Device Manager Under Network Adapters Disable Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter... This should correct your prolem ASAP as it is not necessary for you PC......  And if you need help with printer drivers dont let Microsoft install their driver until you get all updates for your PC so uncheck any update for your printer until all other updates are in.

Tony

• Proposed as answer by DJTONYP Tuesday, April 03, 2012 8:58 PM
    • Edited by DJTONYP Tuesday, April 03, 2012 9:07 PM
    Tuesday, April 03, 2012 8:58 PM
  • test tyler, didn't work, try again. colinandangie - didn't work, try again.

the MS virtual Miniport disabled, the netsh service stopped and disallowed. Still disconnects after 5 to 10 minutes. Status shows no more than 4500 packets received before the connection dies.

Also the latest driver stamp is dated 2006, what does that tell you about how interested MS is to update the driver? This is a dead issue.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:32 AM
  • By all means, I'm not saying your wrong, but I have worked call center cs for 10 years and they all play the blame game back and forth, back and forth.  I just want to thank all the people here in this forum that truly love to help people with their pc issues. I also believe that it is the responsibility of the computer owner to learn as much as they can about their pc and how to maintain and operate it properly. Anything a person wants to know about their computer is out there and then some.

I too am having the same issue as the rest of the people on this forum, just thought I'd pop in and see if anything I've already tried actually worked for someone else, looks like it has but not for me.  I will continue to read and troubleshoot til I get this code 43 and code 10 resolved.

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:29 AM
  •   You just cant ignore issues on computer especially when using the "Oh so great and reliable all the time with hardley any bugs/ issues" MICROSOFT (non) OPERATING SYSTEMS.  Why the hell do we the consumers bendover and pay full price for microsoft operating systems when they never completly 100%  work because of bugs, system crashes, wont boot up after installing svc pack 1, something automatically configured incorectly. The list of BS issues go on and on and when u do finally  fix it, a week or so later theres something else to deal with. When you think about it, microsoft has designed many different os's over the years and not one of them ever worked correctly.  Here they got win 8 coming out already and we the consumers are wasting our time with microsofts os funky problems. With todays technology, we should be able to have an os that is extremely user friendly (so that anyone can learn how to use it) as well as having a RELIABLE os which MICROSOFT can't produce.  What other os's are there by other companies besides microsoft (it should be called "MICROSHIT".  its funny how microshit is only two letters off from the phony green balogna MICROSOFT. GO MICROSHIT  GO MICROSHIT  GO MICROSHIT.  MAY YOU ONE DAY PRODUCE A FUNCTIONAL OS THAT ACTUALLY DESERVES TO BE PRICED AT THE CURRENT PRICES AS OF TODAY.

• Proposed as answer by jetaimemonfils Saturday, October 13, 2012 5:05 PM
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 5:04 PM
  • Guys, Virtual Wifi Miniport driver is used for VPN. If you work somewhere who offers VPN through your network & sharing center you have to have this driver installed in your computer in order to connect to the PPTP services.

Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:41 PM
  • I resolved this issue by disabling the MS Virtual Wifi Miniport adapter permanently:

See thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/e7d49799-18fa-4b6c-9854-f94c7913c14d/uninstall-microsoft-virtual-wifi-miniport-adapter-permanantly?forum=w7itpronetworking

Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:50 AM
  •   Kudos to Syed for giving some real info about the function of the Microsoft Miniport Adapter. Like so many Forums/Discussions boards, the need to wade through reams of unhelpful advice or people expecting help instead of helping themselves even just a little, is evident here also.

If all you have is just a guess or lame suggestion to try or you're just crying out without helping yourself first, then it might be best to hold back and not fill up boards with clutter. A fine example of what I refer to is the post before Syed's. I need to use a vpn so mine gets a driver update and I will not be disabling it. 

Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:59 AM