none
trying to download security update for media player 12

Question

• I got a new computer w/Windows 7 and Windows Media Player 12. I'm trying to get my overdrive account working to download audio files and need to install a security update on my media player. It doesn't automatically start downloading the file like it should. I tried going to http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/indivsite/en/indivit.asp to manually do it, but with Mozilla I'm unable to select the "upgrade" button and with Internet Explorer it lets me try to upgrade just to tell me that the upgrade failed. I've tried checking out my internet security in case my protection software was causing it to not be able to access the internet by moving the internet security down to "medium". Also, I don't see any pop-up boxes come up asking about internet security. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Sunday, December 02, 2012 6:58 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3))
    Saturday, January 07, 2012 5:32 AM

All replies

• fully uninstall Mozilla and then re install without changing any options from default.  I had a similar problem with a PC ran home security site.
    Psyzzle Comp TIA A+ Cert.
    Saturday, January 07, 2012 7:12 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help :( I tried reinstalling Mozilla & then when that didn't help I tried reinstalling overdrive to no avail. I don't think it's an internet thing as both Mozilla and Internet Explorer won't do the upgrade. I wish i could reinstall media player, but that seems to be attached to the windows 7 that came loaded. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:10 PM
  • The pages on the internet are filled up with advices such as DRM-refresh and 1001 other advices, but nothing helps besides a risky manipulation  to get rid of WMP 12 and to install WMP11 on your windows 7. With WMP11 this security update works. I have bought several DVD´s with a code to download a digital copy to play on the WMP player. When I launch the installation for downloading this dig. copy, it points me to a security update of the WMP player but clicking on the update-button of this security-page, gives no any reaction.

Why is Microsoft ignoring this problem to solve this with an update for this, that WORKS, or is it a way to stop people using online streamings in conjunction with copyrights ?

O no, it is certainly not ignorance ... Microsoft over-viewed all the multiple writings from people with this problem, people begging to solve finally this problem.

Microsoft, you are a great organisation, do´nt dissapoint us, and solve this situation.

Best Regards, and thanks already in advance for a valuable update.

• Edited by Elvin11 Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:54 PM
    Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:51 PM
  • I am having the EXACT same problem. Brand new computer, trying to use Overdrive, and I am unable to install a security update. Why hasn't anyone responded satisfactorily? This is seriously one of those "breaking what ain't broke" which is seriously making me consider buying a Mac...
    Saturday, December 01, 2012 4:57 AM
  • I have the same issue with media player 12 and overdrive.  I have windows 8 and have tried i.e., chrome and firefox. I have all of the firewalls checked as suggested and NOTHING WORKS.  This is ridiculous for a brand new computer! I had windows 7 and media center 11 on my old computer and had no problems.  Why does Microsoft insist on messing things up that worked fine!????
    Monday, February 18, 2013 2:56 AM