none
No video in IE on virtual Windows 7

All replies

• I can indeed reproduce this in IE8 on Windows 7 running in VirtualBox. Which virtualization software are you using?

Because this problem doesn't occur in a non-virtualized environment, I suggest that you report it to the developer of the virtualization software. It might have to do something with hardware acceleration, but I'm not sure.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:41 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to verify if the issue occurs on physical Windows 7 client. I have tested the issue in Hyper-V running Windows 7. Problem does exist. However, there is no issue on physical Windows 7.

I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. They will take the problem for further research.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:42 AM
  • Hi,

@ Tim De Baets:

I have the Problem on ESX 3.5, ESX4.0 ESX4.1 and Hyper V

@ Niki Han

Thanks.

CU,

Marc

Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:43 PM
  • Now I have the answer from Microsoft

MS knows about that bug and it will remain in Windows 8!

There will be no fix for that in Windows 7 and we will see if they fix it in Windows 8.

No workaround for VMs on ESX!

On Hyper V you need to enable Remote FX.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:32 PM
  • After months of living without Media Player I just received an automatic update of AMD Catalist software for windows 7. This update fixed my Media Player Sound but no video problem.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5700 video card and the catalist software is for this card.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:17 PM
  • deanox: are you saying that you're still experiencing a video problem with WMP? If so, I suggest that you ask a new question in this forum and include as much relevant details as possible.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:35 PM