none
Windows 7 HDMI video problem

Question

• I am using an ATI 3850HD video board and Samsung 32" HD TV (HDMI input with ATI adaptor on the video board) This configuration worked perfectly in Vista. Upgraded to Windows 7 (Ultimate) Now, HDMI will only work if I have a DVI monitor plugged into the 2nd video port on the board. As soon as I disconnect the DVI monitor the HDMI  display shows mode not supported. When booting with only the HDMI display I get to the login screen with no problems then as soon as I log in the display shows mode not supported. I have even tried low res boot, 1024x786 res all with same results. I have downloaded and installed latest ATI drivers no change. The HDMI works perfectly as long as the DVI monitor is connected, unplug it and ... mode not supported... Any suggestion before I revert to Vista?
    Friday, October 09, 2009 2:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In ATI Catalyst Control Center, there are some settings about HDMI, please adjust them and see how it works.

For more suggestions of how to adjust the settings of ATI Catalyst or further investigation, it is also recommended that you go to ATI Catalyst Forum or contact AMD support.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:12 AM

All replies

• Depending on what motherboard you have you may not have all the drivers install.  I have a Biostar TA770A2+ with AMD chips and Realtek audio and a Radeon HD 4550 with an HDMI port.  For this there are 2 drivers need from Realtek.  One driver is the Realtek HD Audio drive and the other is a RealTek ATI HDMI Audio Device driver.

So, do you have all the necessary drivers installed?

Friday, October 09, 2009 2:39 PM
  • Hi,

In ATI Catalyst Control Center, there are some settings about HDMI, please adjust them and see how it works.

For more suggestions of how to adjust the settings of ATI Catalyst or further investigation, it is also recommended that you go to ATI Catalyst Forum or contact AMD support.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:12 AM
  • I have sony laptop, bought it last year with vista and upgraded to windows 7.

and then troubles started.  wireless didn't work properly and now just found that my HDMI port isn't working.

updated the video driver and still nothing on my tv.  it was working before with vista.

then I tried different hdmi input on my tv (my tv has 3 hdmi inputs)

and then my laptop detected the samung tv and it works now.

my 1st hdmi wasn't working and still it's not working for some reason.

but it works on 2nd and 3rd hdmi port..  don't know why but as long as it's working.. i'm ok with it... 

Thursday, April 01, 2010 6:06 AM
  • I have sony laptop, bought it last year with vista and upgraded to windows 7.

and then troubles started.  wireless didn't work properly and now just found that my HDMI port isn't working.

updated the video driver and still nothing on my tv.  it was working before with vista.

then I tried different hdmi input on my tv (my tv has 3 hdmi inputs)

and then my laptop detected the samung tv and it works now.

my 1st hdmi wasn't working and still it's not working for some reason.

but it works on 2nd and 3rd hdmi port..  don't know why but as long as it's working.. i'm ok with it... 

So start your own thread with details about your problem.  Do not hijack another thread to post your problem in!
    Friday, April 02, 2010 10:55 AM