none
Delayed Write Failed Unable to save all the data for the file $Mft

Question

• Have a frustrating problem.  Help greatly appreciated.  Learned the hard way and lost an important dwg file which was unrecoverable.  Purchased a new seagate external hard drive.  Could not back up the entire system with the pre-installed software.  Downloaded acronis true image home 2011.  Attempted to backup system.  Receive error messages during backup attempts; "Delayed write failure; Failure to read from sector; Windows was unable to save all the data for the file $Mft. The data has been lost".  Have attempted many fixes.  Cannot disable write caching method (grayed out / unclickable).  Performed regedit "EnableOplocks" is not listed to select.  Attempted to run microsoft "fix it" and got the blue death screen.  Running out of hair to pull out of my head.  Suggestions appreciated.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew

I've had a similar problem with an external Transend drive. I found that my cable was faulty and after replacing it, The error stopped.

As with BSOD, Google the error code you get. I've found that 90% of BSOD issues are ram related. Either you have a faulty Ram chip or it might not be seating properly due to Chip creap.

Reseat your ram and reconnect all cables on the system and see if that resolves the issue.

Regards

Sean Venter

Sean Venter Mini Tech IT MCITP - Enterprise Administrator
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:27 AM