none
Dual Monitors Don't Come Back On After Rebooting Docked Dell Latitude E6520

Question

• Hi folks,

I'm assisting a user with an issue she is having with her new docking station and her Latitude E6520. Each time she reboots, it starts loading windows, but then the dual displays go back into Power Save mode and in order to have them come back, she has to open and close the laptop lid again. I have updated to the latest display drivers on Dell's website and played around with the cable configuration as well as the software for the video drivers.

Do you nice folks have any suggestions as to what I can try next?
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue may be caused by the affection of third party video configuration software.

Please remove all third-party video configuration software and set dual monitor type as Clone.

If the issue persists, please post the problem on manufacture site.

Best Regards,

Kim Zhou

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This issue may be caused by the affection of third party video configuration software.

Please remove all third-party video configuration software and set dual monitor type as Clone.

If the issue persists, please post the problem on manufacture site.

Best Regards,

Kim Zhou

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Did the issue occurs with and without the docking station?

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:52 AM