none
Apps removed while refreshing your PC

Question

• Long list of Apps removed while refreshing your PC

please help me to get them back.

thank you,

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 4:06 AM

Answers

• If "refreshing" means resetting to factory you need to re-install all the apps.  We need a  lot more information if you want us to be able to help

Lets start with the computer specs, what OS, what the problem was that made you "refresh", etc

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Sysnative.com Team ZigZag

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:42 AM

All replies

• If "refreshing" means resetting to factory you need to re-install all the apps.  We need a  lot more information if you want us to be able to help

Lets start with the computer specs, what OS, what the problem was that made you "refresh", etc

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Sysnative.com Team ZigZag

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:42 AM
  • it seems that i also having the same problem.

My windows 8 said that 'all applications removed while refreshing PC', but the storage still the same like before it being reset (mean the applications are still there, somewhere located)...

how can i get back my app? simply said, it is a third party app like dota etc..

<object cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width:0px;height:0px;display:block;" type="cosymantecnisbfw"></object>
    Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:13 AM
  • Hi archer4869,

In order to avoid confusion, I recommend to post your own thread on Windows 8 forums.

Thanks.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:33 AM
  • When talking in terms of Windows 7 a refresh is a fresh operating system with a fresh registry meaning any previous applications are not copied. 

An Upgrade keeps your applications if I recall correctly.

Windows Vista is the only Operating System that can be upgraded to Windows 7. Windows XP is not compatible because the Hard Disk needs to be formatted to make room for the 100mb (or whatever it is) System partition not to mention the fact that XP will run 16-Bit applications and Windows 7 won't. 

They do however include tools to help you out if this is the upgrade path your attempting.

See Windows Easy Transfer Wizard http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/products/features/windows-easy-transfer for a single computer upgrade.

Or 

USMT (User State Migration Toolkit) if you are in a Windows Domain environment http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10837

Jake,

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Did anyone help you out with our App issue?  I did the same refresh and I cant find my QuickBooks payroll, micro word, publisher anything....It was more like it restored to factory than refresh...I hate that word now "refresh" means delete apparently.  Please let me know if you were helped...Im cyring! 
    Friday, February 21, 2014 6:36 PM