none
Web Cam not working on Windows 7

Question

• Hey, my web cam isn't working on Windows 7 64-bit Home edition. It is a iOne Sigma Q8 Phoenix. The microphone built in to the webcam works fine, as I have tested this. It comes with two install disks; XP and Vista, neither of these have worked. I have searched for many drivers on-line, still no success, I have used Windows' device manager to identify the problem, using the troubleshooter, it fails to identify the problem. In the properties for the Web cam, I get this: 'Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)'. I have installed drivers that Windows found on a trusted site with no success. I am generally fine with fixing problems with my computer but this one I am unable to fix myself. I can try give any more information if required.
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:14 AM

Answers

• If you had Windows 7 32 bit installed you could probably force it to work with XP or Vista driver.

The only other thing that i can think of is to find similar model from same manufacture that is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit and try to use those drivers.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi

It looks like this webcam doesn't have drivers for Win7.  It may be worth trying the XP drivers as i've had more success using XP drives for old hardware than trying the Vista drivers.

Andy

Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:13 PM
  • Hi

It looks like this webcam doesn't have drivers for Win7.  It may be worth trying the XP drivers as i've had more success using XP drives for old hardware than trying the Vista drivers.

Andy

I have already tried the XP disk, it hasn't worked even with full uninstall of the Vista version.
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:54 PM
  • Hi

If the XP drivers don't work, then you may need to upgrade your webcam.  I had the same issue with a budget webcam & ended up purchasing a new one as the manufacturer had a new model out & would not release any Win 7 drivers.

Have you tried to contact the manufacturer to see if they are planning to release Win 7 drivers?

Andy

Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Hi

If the XP drivers don't work, then you may need to upgrade your webcam.  I had the same issue with a budget webcam & ended up purchasing a new one as the manufacturer had a new model out & would not release any Win 7 drivers.

Have you tried to contact the manufacturer to see if they are planning to release Win 7 drivers?

Andy

No, I'll try contacting them, but this was a Christmas present and I can't afford a web cam at the moment. 

EDIT: I can't find anyway to contact the manufacturers.

• Edited by Alexp1401 Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:26 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:56 PM
  • Just to clarify what the problem is you are trying to install driver that isn’t digitally signed on windows 7 64 bit.

Windows 7 won’t allow you that, and that’s the way the 64 bit platform was designed.

What you could possibly do is to create a digital certificate and sign your driver but that’s not recommended and not supported by Microsoft.

Friday, December 30, 2011 5:37 AM
  • Is there any way I'll be able to get it to work other than that? I really want to get it working.
    Sunday, January 01, 2012 1:33 AM
  • If you had Windows 7 32 bit installed you could probably force it to work with XP or Vista driver.

The only other thing that i can think of is to find similar model from same manufacture that is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit and try to use those drivers.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 5:06 PM

Okay, I'll try to get it returned or something, thanks for the help :/
    Sunday, January 01, 2012 5:08 PM