none
Triple-Click settings (within HTML)

Question

• I've recently upgraded from Windows XP to 7 Professional 64-Bit

I regularly work with HTML

In windows XP if I wanted to highlight a single HTML element to copy within a large group of HTML (for example a path to a photo hosted at a web address) triple clicking on the single element (a direct link to a photo) would highlight only the link text.

BUT in Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit the same action highlights the whole paragraph.

I've pasted some HTML below. You'll see 2 photo links within the HTML. If  want to highlight ONE direct photo link I now have to carefully manually select it by clicking and dragging - its fiddly and there's scope for highlighting too many or few characters.

Image Url 1: http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x751/Stucturalsurveys/House/StrreA/Internal/HeaterAirFlowSlider.jpg, Image Url 2: http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x751/stucturalsurveys/House/StrreA/Internal/HeaterAirFlowSlider.jpg, Image Url 3: , Image Url 4: , Image Url 5: ,

My question is - is there anyway to alter settings in Windows 7 so that a triple click will only select a single HTML element and not the entire paragraph?
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try the compatibility mode. Right click Turbo Lister software -> select Properties -> on Compatibility tab, select "Run this program in compatibility mode for", select "Windows XP Service Pack 3" in the list -> select "Run this program as an administrator" as well.

If the issue persists, please contact eBay support to check the compatibility issue.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 25, 2012 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

May I know which Internet Explorer version you are using? Please re-upload the screenshots again since they are not available.  

If you are using Internet Explorer 9, it is by design the whole paragraph will be selected  with triple-clicking. You can try Internet Explorer 8. <//span>

Niki Han

Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:23 AM
  • Hi,

I hadn't uploaded any screen shots.

I must admit I haven't tried triple clicking in Internet Explorer.

I copy HTML text out of Turbo Lister - an eBay owned listing program.

I'm using the exact same version of Turbo Lister on my new Windows 7 PC as I was using on my old Windows XP PC.

The triple click worked with the old PC, but not with the new one.

The only difference is the PC operating system - not the Turbo Lister software.

I hope this extra information might be of use.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Hi,

Please try the compatibility mode. Right click Turbo Lister software -> select Properties -> on Compatibility tab, select "Run this program in compatibility mode for", select "Windows XP Service Pack 3" in the list -> select "Run this program as an administrator" as well.

If the issue persists, please contact eBay support to check the compatibility issue.

Niki Han

Monday, June 25, 2012 3:04 AM