none
SP1 & Games

Question

• Did anyone else notice a few seconds long locks with games like Crysis, Frontlines - Fuel of War and in general games that require a good 3D card?

I've got a 8800 GT and the latest official drivers 169.25 and after just a few seconds of play the game locks, the sound stops and after 10-20 seconds the game will continue, and then lock again,...

Sometimes I get the "Video driver has caused the application...." message and sometimes there is no info or error report.

Didn't have these problems with Vista without the SP1.

Do we need to wait for a new nVidia ForceWare driver, is my video card faulty or does SP1 just break driver compatibility?
    Friday, February 29, 2008 3:08 PM

All replies

• I have a 7600GT but have noticed similar problems with Crysis as well as WoW.  Though the game usually doesn't completly crash, the screen does go black and i hear the audio loop for several seconds before continuing on its way.  I have noticed on another computer with an 8800GT, it does the same thing, however not for more than 6 or 7 seconds.  I have reinstalled my video drivers which as solved nothing.  Hopefully this is just temporary until nVidia comes out with a new driver pack.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 3:50 AM
  • no problem here. 8800gt with 169.39 driver from evga, on x64. call of duty 4.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 4:23 AM