none
remote device or resource wont accept the connections

Question

• Here's the details, ive tried everything i can think of. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Windows Network Diagnostics Publisher details

Issues found
    The remote device or resource won't accept the connectionThe remote device or resource won't accept the connection
    The device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)". Detected 
    Contact your network administrator Not run

Issues found Detection details

6 The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected 

The device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)".
    Contact your network administrator Not run

The computer or device you are trying to reach is available, but it doesn’t support what you’re trying to do. This might be a configuration issue or a limitation of the device.

Detection details 

Network Diagnostics Log
    File Name:  7674AB63-FC41-4BCE-BD41-15C8324692DB.Diagnose.0.etl

Collection information
    Computer Name:  *****-PC
    Windows Version: 6.1
    Architecture: x86
    Time: Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:32:50 AM

Publisher details 

Windows Network Diagnostics
    Detects problems with network connectivity.
    Package Version: 1.0
    Publisher: Microsoft Windows

~someone tried to update windows vista home premium, and messed around with services and who knows what. I installed an upgrade of windows 7 ultimate, and i believe the services are all back to normal *i went through them one by one as a comparison*, The network information shows the laptop being connected to the network, just not to the internet. I did however get the internet to work earlier in safe mode. Not sure if im able to get it up in safe mode again at this point in time. when i did get it connected, installed avg anti-virus, which came back w/ nothing but removed some tracking cookies. Then ran smitfraudfix then nothing would work, so i used the restore to get it back to the orignial problem. Im just trying to get the internet to work. Please help.
    Its got to be something simple ?

Wireless LAN adapter wireless network connection:
    Connections-specific DNS suffix..:
    Link-local IPv6 Address...: fe80::a160:39d4:b631:2022%12
    IPv4 Address..:192.168.1.2
    Subnet mask..:255.255.255.0
    Default gateway..:192.168.1.1

Ethernet adapter local area connection:
    media state: media disconnected
    connection specific dns suffix...:

Tunnel adapter Teredoo tunneling pseudo-interface:
    Connection-specific DNS suffix..:
    IPv6 address: 2001:0:4137:9e50:18b5:26d7:3f57:fefd
    link local ipv6 address..:fe80:18b5:26d7:3f57:fefd%13

Tunnel adapter isatap.<9135EF73-8226-4A96-B1DB-78D92D3D9D39>:
    media state: media disconnected

Tunnel adapter isatap.<76378AA6-95BB-4570-B867-E0CB20B88812>.
    media state..: media disconnected

Running: Toshiba Satellite laptop w/ windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Sunday, May 02, 2010 7:55 AM Moved to relevant forum category (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:59 AM

All replies

• I had this problem 30 minutes ago when I encountered the av-force.net virus. I manually deleted the virus files and ran a full scan to delete the leftovers from my temp folder and all the sudden IE, Chrome, and safari were not connecting to the net where as Firefox was connecting just fine.

I was able to completely resolve it by resetting IE back to default settings, I believe it's in the Advanced tab of Internet options. I figured the virus must've somehow wrote it's own settings into the options when it attempted to hijack my computer and this took care of this error:

The device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)".

• Proposed as answer by JM226 Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:19 PM
    Sunday, May 02, 2010 1:26 AM
  • thanks gatsome just had this problem, so just tried resetting IE as you suggested and it worked cheers
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:39 PM
  • thanks i had a problems with my laptop, this really helped and got my  laptop back online thank you!!
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 9:51 PM
  • thanks!!!! it works!
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:26 AM
  • Thanks!  Had the same error, set IE8 to defaults... works again.
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 12:42 AM
  • Thanks gatsome - solved my problem too - excellent advice!!
    Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:18 PM
  • omg thank you so much, lol. i had that stupid antivira av virus too
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 10:03 AM
  • A big thank you from my daughter, she was going to pay someone to fix it for her then I decided to do a search and found your post. Problem fixed instantly.

Cheers

Monday, February 14, 2011 8:44 AM
  • Thank you very much. The same thing happened to me and all I had to do was reset my IE and now it works again! thanks to you.
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 10:51 PM
  • Any other idea's? Resetting the Internet options did not work. Thanks!

Solution: This was a new system installation. I had installed AVAST and gave the computer back to its owner. He installed Adaware antivirus, then uninstalled it.

Adaware had left the system in an unstable state (I could ping yahoo.com, but web browsing was blocked). I uninstalled AVAST, restarted the system, and it worked!

• Edited by BobOnePutt Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:24 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2012 10:00 PM