none
using Windows 7 HDMI on my TV

Question

• Hello. For a time now I have been having a weird situation. When i first got the computer and connected it to my TV through HDMI all of my applications, internet broswer and everything was at a reasonable size. However sometimes without my even realizing it, everything will seem to increase in size. My desktop applications will all be bigger, my web pages in browser will even be a bit bigger as well. Sometimes, and only sometimes not even 50% of the time when I restart or shut down my computer, when I return to my computer will it be how it was before, only to change again at some point later withuot me realising it. I am unsure what causes the change, whether it is me turning my TV off, and back on later or what, but I am not touching anything that would cause the change. With everything getting larger, it seems to get in the way of certain things a bit aswell. For example. If I am in a skype call and I decide to full screen, my task bar will still appear, when it should be hidden due to fullscreen. certain drop down menues will be cut off by task bar as well. Now I cant seem to do anything to get it to how it was beforehand. Is there any known reason as to why this is happening?
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, please check following,

1. Please right click your Desktop, choose Screen Resolution and change it to recommended after your connected your computer to your TV. Does the size back to normal now?
    2. Open Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display, make sure “Smaller – 100%” is selected.
    3. Open Control Panel -> Easy of Access -> Easy of Access Center, in the left panel choose Change administrative settings, make sure you did not select Apply all settings to the logon desktop.

In addition, is your TV the only display which connects to your computer? If not, please let us know how you configured your displays.

Hope this helps.

If a post solved your problem, click “Mark as Answer” on the post. If a post helped you, click "Vote As Helpful" on the left side of post.

Monday, March 19, 2012 3:27 PM