none
Problems with HomeGroup Listener Service

Question

• I am using Win 7 Pro RTM on a home network.  Every day I get the following two errors numerous times in the Event Log about the HomeGroup Listener Service:

The HomeGroup Listener service terminated with service-specific error %%-2147023143

Session "Homegroup Log" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Is there any way to solve this problem?

cheers
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:01 AM

Answers

• I think I may have solved this.  HomeGroup only applies to other computers on the network with Win 7.  So far I am the only one running Win 7 and I haven't created a HomeGroup so therefore the HomeGroup Listener Service wouldn't be running.  Does that make sense?
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:53 AM

All replies

• Doesn't matter what I do I can't get the HomeGroup Listener service to start, it just keeps popping up the error above.

I understand the default settinng is Manual (started).

Any suggestions as to why this service refuses to start?
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:05 AM
  • I think I may have solved this.  HomeGroup only applies to other computers on the network with Win 7.  So far I am the only one running Win 7 and I haven't created a HomeGroup so therefore the HomeGroup Listener Service wouldn't be running.  Does that make sense?
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:53 AM
  • i also have this problem , but now i have solved it !

you should let " Windows Firewall " to start before let "HomeGroup Listener"

^_^

• Proposed as answer by premium guest Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:50 PM
    Saturday, April 09, 2011 11:17 AM
  • i also have this problem , but now i have solved it !

you should let " Windows Firewall " to start before let "HomeGroup Listener"

^_^

Thak u man, now it's running

Peace...

• Proposed as answer by eagleric1977 Wednesday, March 12, 2014 4:35 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 5:34 PM
  • Hi:  I have Kaspersky Pure and it turns off Windows firewall.  What do I do?  eagleric1977
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 4:37 PM