none
windows 7 and pinnacle studio 12 ultimate

Question

• can you please help. Windows 7 upgrade advisor said to uninstall Pinnacle Studio 12 ultimate and that it would be ok to install after i had upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium. But now I can't install studio 12. It goes through the installation right to the end then comes up with a messsage that the installer is not recognised. I have tried installing as administrator but no luck and tried on another computer running windows 7 home premium as well. Ran really well in Vista so I am disappointed upgrading to win 7 
    Saturday, November 07, 2009 1:27 AM

Answers

• I had this problem also. Here is a work-around.  Download TweakUAC ™.      (http://www.tweak-uac.com/download/ ).     This is a free software tool that you can use to quickly turn UAC (User Account Control of Windows Vista) on or off.  Download it to your desktop, run it and turn off UAC.  Forget about uninstalling Pinnacle Studio.  You can now start to install Windows 7, but when it stops and the dialog box appears with the error about Studio 12 it will have a   “Try again” button,  just keep clicking the button and the preloader bar will continue to move until you get passed the error (just keep clicking the “Try again” button).  It worked for me and went on to make a good Windows 7 installation.  Then after installing go back to TweakUAC and turn the UAC back on.  I still have not figured out how to uninstall Pinnacle Studio 12, but it seems to work as it did before the Win 7 install.  So far, I really like Windows 7.

• Marked as answer by cjsilk Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:23 AM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:00 PM

All replies

• as far as i know Studio 12 is not officially supported on windows 7 , so you cant contact their support for that, and you will surely have problems.

I've found out that here.
    http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=281933

Saturday, November 07, 2009 3:28 AM
  • can you please help. Windows 7 upgrade advisor said to uninstall Pinnacle Studio 12 ultimate and that it would be ok to install after i had upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium. But now I can't install studio 12. It goes through the installation right to the end then comes up with a messsage that the installer is not recognised. I have tried installing as administrator but no luck and tried on another computer running windows 7 home premium as well. Ran really well in Vista so I am disappointed upgrading to win 7 

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution yet?
    • Marked as answer by cjsilk Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:43 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by cjsilk Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:43 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Normdoc Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:04 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Sharma AnujModerator Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:32 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:16 AM

• I had this problem also. Here is a work-around.  Download TweakUAC ™.      (http://www.tweak-uac.com/download/ ).     This is a free software tool that you can use to quickly turn UAC (User Account Control of Windows Vista) on or off.  Download it to your desktop, run it and turn off UAC.  Forget about uninstalling Pinnacle Studio.  You can now start to install Windows 7, but when it stops and the dialog box appears with the error about Studio 12 it will have a   “Try again” button,  just keep clicking the button and the preloader bar will continue to move until you get passed the error (just keep clicking the “Try again” button).  It worked for me and went on to make a good Windows 7 installation.  Then after installing go back to TweakUAC and turn the UAC back on.  I still have not figured out how to uninstall Pinnacle Studio 12, but it seems to work as it did before the Win 7 install.  So far, I really like Windows 7.

• Marked as answer by cjsilk Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:23 AM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:00 PM
  • only trouble is I have already done what MS asked to install win7 and unable to now load studio 12

Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:26 AM

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution yet?

I have overcome this problem by clean installing Windows 7 and reinstalling Pinnacle Studio 11, 12, and 14. They all work fine now.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:18 AM
  • only trouble is I have already done what MS asked to install win7 and unable to now load studio 12

I have overcome this problem by clean installing Windows 7 and reinstalling Pinnacle Studio 11, 12, and 14. They all work fine now.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:19 AM
  • Hello Cjsilk

As far as compatibility is concerned, Pinnacle Studio 12 is fully compatible with Windows 7, you can check here : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?type=Software&s=pinnacle%20studio%2012 . You uninstall it and install again, if still you find any issue, you are requested to check with Pinnacle Studio vendors.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Anuj
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:31 AM
  • does not load on 3 computers I have tried with WIN 7 but does on Vista so must be WIN 7 problem as told to me by Pinnacle

Thursday, November 12, 2009 9:39 AM
  • Worked a treat thanks very much
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:24 AM
  • wat do u mean by installing windows 7 again

Monday, August 02, 2010 10:22 PM