none
Downgrade from SP3 to SP2

Question

• Hi,

I.ve downgrade from Vista to Windows XP Pro with SP3. Some of my software dont work with SP3.

How do I downgrade to SP2 without reinstalling Windows with SP2? If anyone have a solution for me I would appreciate it.

Thanx
    Friday, November 21, 2008 6:55 AM

All replies

•  

How exactly did you go about the "downgrade"?
    Friday, November 21, 2008 4:03 PM
  • if you installed XP with integrated sp3, it is not possible to downgrade sp3 to sp2
    absolut stupid idea!
    contact manufacturer from the program you wish to install, and get an actual version, or take a look to an an alternative program!
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 12:45 AM
  • Before you post it would be wise to ask why the computer needs to be downgraded. I am setting up a medical imaging facility and I am trying to do the same thing as well. The PACS system we are integrating with is only compatible with SP2. I order 6 new Dell workstations and they came preloaded with SP3. There are "actual versions" of programs out there that require SP2. For instance, the $250,000 Kodak suite I am installing. Plus a $30,000/yr service contract. This holds true for the majority of the hospitals which have PACS systems.

However, if what you are saying is true then I found something useful within your post. You stated "
    if you installed XP with integrated sp3, it is not possible to downgrade sp3 to sp2," is this true? Do you have any supporting documentation as this would be very helpful so that I can provide Dell with a reason why I need to order downgraded XP discs.
    Monday, December 08, 2008 11:22 PM
  • Hi,

I was able find a Windows XP SP2 disk and repair windows. All my software is working fine. No need to reinstall my software.

Thanx for all the help...

Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:22 AM