none
How to fix an "invalid Win32 Application"?

Question

• Ok, so I'm running Windows 7 and I'm trying to get some software for a game working. Anyone who's familiar with Starcraft may know of the mao editor that comes with it. Well there is third party software that allows you to make custom scenarios etc. I'm trying to install Starcraft X-Tra Editor 2.6, but whenever I do that, it says it installed just fine, However when I try to open the editor, it says "C:/program files/starcraft/Starcraft X-tra Editor base.exe is not a valid Win32 Application". I've tried running the installer with compatability and as an admin, and tried running the editor the same way, no luck. I did work on windows 98 and XP, not sure about vista. Any ideas?

Thanks, sharf
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi I have tried downloading to from here and am able to launch the game:

http://games.softpedia.com/progDownload/Starcraft-StarForge-Download-18642.html

Do you have any other link from where I can download and test for you?

Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:46 AM
  • I downloaded it from there and it still didn't work, I also got it here http://www.staredit.net/files/10/ and I used the version I had downloaded years ago and is working on my XP desktop right now...so I don't know.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:11 PM
  • Am able to reproduce the issue and created a fix for it,can you share you email ID so that I can send i to you with instructions on how to install it
    Monday, November 23, 2009 11:57 AM
  • Email ID? My email address is sharf224@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Monday, November 23, 2009 8:07 PM
  • this is an old thread, don't expect a reply, but what the heck. could u send me a solution. I have Windows 7 64bit installed.
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:30 PM
  • Hey, I am having a same problem... Can you help me fix it? I'm currently running Windows 7, 64-bit
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 2:52 PM
  • Hey, I am having a same problem... Can you help me fix it? I'm currently running Windows 7, 64-bit

You have what same problem?

Start you own thread by telling us what your problem is.  Don't hang on the end of someone else's year old thread like a piece of snot!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by stevielee Friday, December 28, 2012 11:02 PM
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Lol... sorry 'bout that.

Well, I was trying to run a program called "Starcraft X-tra map editor" in my Windows 7, 64-bit laptop. It worked previously in my Windows XP, 32-bit desktop, and I really loved to use the program to make Starcraft maps. However, after I have installed and tried to run the program, I keep getting this message:

"C:/Program Files (x86)/Starcraft/SC X-tra Editor Classic.exe is not a valid Win32 Application"

I have tried to get things to work by running the program through compatibility check and via administrative access. Either way, it just doesn't work. I was wondering if there was a way to solve this, and it seemed like in the previous thread (the one I could see, anyways), they seemed to have somehow solved the similar issue that I am having (although he did not specify how).

If you can help... that would REALLY be appreciated. Oh and thanks for telling me to address the problem. Think this is first time I actually posted anything here ^^;

Sunday, May 01, 2011 12:17 PM
  • Lol... sorry 'bout that.

Well, I was trying to run a program called "Starcraft X-tra map editor" in my Windows 7, 64-bit laptop. It worked previously in my Windows XP, 32-bit desktop, and I really loved to use the program to make Starcraft maps. However, after I have installed and tried to run the program, I keep getting this message:

"C:/Program Files (x86)/Starcraft/SC X-tra Editor Classic.exe is not a valid Win32 Application"

I have tried to get things to work by running the program through compatibility check and via administrative access. Either way, it just doesn't work. I was wondering if there was a way to solve this, and it seemed like in the previous thread (the one I could see, anyways), they seemed to have somehow solved the similar issue that I am having (although he did not specify how).

If you can help... that would REALLY be appreciated. Oh and thanks for telling me to address the problem. Think this is first time I actually posted anything here ^^;

But, you did not click on the "Ask a question" at the top of the page and start you own thread!

A lot of programs for Windows XP were actually 16-bit and not 32-bit.  XP Home & Pro can run either 16-bit or 32-bit programs.  Windows 7 x64 can run either 32-bit or 64-bit program, but cannot run 16-bit programs.

You need to contact the publisher of the program an find out if is Windows 7 64-bit compatible.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, May 01, 2011 12:43 PM