none
window 7 swap space

Question

• I use software uses  lots of memmory space when i install windows 7 do I need to create swap space.?
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 2:10 PM

Answers

• During installation Windows will automatically create a swap file for you, I believe equal in size to your installed RAM.

Generally speaking, if software uses much more than your installed RAM space peformance will be pretty dismal (this depends on the specific software, of course) and you should consider installing more actual RAM.

Do you have a computer capable of 64 bit operation?  If so, you have the option of installing the Windows 7 x64 variant, which supports much more RAM - well beyond the old 32 bit limit of 4 GB.

-Noel
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 3:15 PM

All replies

• During installation Windows will automatically create a swap file for you, I believe equal in size to your installed RAM.

Generally speaking, if software uses much more than your installed RAM space peformance will be pretty dismal (this depends on the specific software, of course) and you should consider installing more actual RAM.

Do you have a computer capable of 64 bit operation?  If so, you have the option of installing the Windows 7 x64 variant, which supports much more RAM - well beyond the old 32 bit limit of 4 GB.

-Noel
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 3:15 PM
  • thank you Noel. You have been very helpful.

-SInan
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 5:53 PM