none
How to change windows 7 professional 64 bit to 32 bit

Question

• Hello,

I have windows 7 professional 64 bit OEM with pre loaded, with licence.

Now i want to install 32bit Windows 7 professional on same system, 

My question is can i do this if i have only 64 bit licence,

If yes then how can i do the change license.

Thanks 

Rakesh

Rakesh Kumar

Friday, August 17, 2012 8:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The 64-bit version resource cannot be used to install the 32-bit system. You may be able to reinstall the 64-bit version system by using the installation disk. If you want to know the details steps, please contact to your host provider.

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 20, 2012 9:06 AM

All replies

• You will have to do a clean installation from an x86 install DVD.   Your COA sticker key will be valid for both x86 and x64, but you will have to manually enter it during installation.   

If the online activation fails for any reason, just call the 1-800 activation number and explain the situation.   Not a big deal.

Friday, August 17, 2012 8:20 AM
  • You mean my 64bit license will valid for also 32 bit Windows.

If yes,

Then why costs are different from 32 bit and paper license (32 or 64 bit)

And I don't have CD, It has p-reload with system, 

• Edited by rkfom Friday, August 17, 2012 8:34 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 8:33 AM
  • Then why costs are different from 32 bit and paper license (32 or 64 bit)

Nope, if you don't have a x86 DVD, you cannot do it.   The costs are the costs because Ballmer says so. 

Can I ask why you want to downgrade, are you needing to run an 16 bit application or something that x64 cannot do ?

Also are you aware of the limitation of 32bit, especially in the 4GB + RAM dept.

Friday, August 17, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Actually when i have purchase this, Get the 64bit with p-reloaded, but i can re-install from disk recovery or disk image, That says from our hardware vendor.

But in that case same (64 bit) will load automatic.

My question is if you have some technical trick so that i can install that same like 

Install 32 bit trial and again crack with our original key and all that.

Rakesh Kumar

Friday, August 17, 2012 8:44 AM
  • Hi,

The 64-bit version resource cannot be used to install the 32-bit system. You may be able to reinstall the 64-bit version system by using the installation disk. If you want to know the details steps, please contact to your host provider.

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 20, 2012 9:06 AM