none
Remove All drivers in DriverStore at one time?

Question

• Is it possible to Remove all third-party drivers from the driverstore at one time without having to list each inf file? is this something that can be done with pnputil or dism?

Yeah Buddy!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

You can remove the drivers one by one rather than at one time in a current running OS.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a command line tool used to service Windows images offline before deployment. You can use it to install, uninstall, configure, and update Windows features, packages, drivers and international settings.  You need get the paths and file names with DISM tool.

Here is an article about it(DISM).

Add and Remove Drivers Offline (DISM)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744355(v=ws.10).aspx

e.g. \>DISM.EXE /image:”c:\images\Image1” \Add-Driver /driver:”C:\Drivers\1.inf” /driver:”C:\Drivers\2.inf” /driver:”C:\Drivers\3.inf”

Friday, March 16, 2012 9:12 AM
  • Thanks for the definition on what DISM is, but i don't think that answered the question. my question was this.

"Is it possible to Remove all third-party drivers from the driverstore at one time without having to list each inf file? is this something that can be done with pnputil or dism?"

Yeah Buddy!

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:55 PM
  • Hi,

There is no way to remove all third-party drivers from driverstore at one time without having to list each *.inf file.

Monday, March 19, 2012 7:43 AM
  • I found a way of doing this. Finally!

http://driverstoreexplorer.codeplex.com/documentation

Yeah Buddy!

• Marked as answer by Jay.lambert Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:36 PM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:35 PM
  • It doesn't work no drivers appear in the program window.

Also I don't even have sysprep... WTF?

• Edited by Zsolt_ Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:58 PM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:58 PM
  • you have to hit the enumerate button...

Yeah Buddy!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:59 PM