none
Access Denied -SD/MMC Card Reader

Question

• Hi everybody!

I have a problem with my card reader. I have a S260(MS-1012) from MSI and it's integrated card reader (a Ricoh Bay1 Controller).
    It doen't work well. Windows 7 install it and "Equipo" (i'm spanish, in english "Computer"?) recognize it. But when i try to open my sd card it says "Acess Denied". The same if i try to open it from command.

Pleasse help me!!!

PD: I try with differentes sd cards and mmc cards. I reinstalled the drivers from my drivers CD (from windows xp but work well in 7).
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 2:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ady_20

Did you try to change the drive letter (computer management - disk management)

Sunday, May 17, 2009 5:16 PM
  • i can't see my card reader there :S
    when i try to edit the user permissions at the properties of F: (the SD card) on the security tab when I apply it dissapear :S whats wrong?
    i'm a bit scared xD
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 6:33 PM
  • anybody can help me with this?

It runs well at safe mode but at normal it said denied acces. :S
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:37 PM
  • Ady,

Are there Windows Vista drivers available for that card reader? Typically, you'll have better luck with Windows Vista drivers in Windows 7.
    -Alex
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 8:52 PM
  • SOLUTION

Hey,

I had this same problem and was able to make all of the problems that I was having running Windows 7 on my XP tablet.  My card reader would not work.  It would recognize the card was inserted, but would display an error message that said access denied.  I found that it was not an ownership issue or a administrative user problem.  I also could not get the screen to rotate. Once I disabled UAC (User Account Control), everything worked.  Here's how to do it: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/  The risk of this is that you won't have a pop-up every time you install a program.  This could allow something to install that you didn't want. 

Shawn

Friday, April 23, 2010 3:17 PM