none
WINDOWS COULD NOT FINISHING CONFIGURING THE SYSTEM. TO ATTEMPT TO RESUME CONFIGURATION, RESTART THE SYSTEM.

Question

•   BOY, I AM JUST A DO IT YOUR-SELFER AND ALL THE REMEDIES I HAVE SEEN DON'T SEEM TO WORK, FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER!

MY PROBLEM STARTED WHEN I AGREED TO LOOK AT A ACER ASPIRE ONE-D257 FOR A FRIEND. THEY THOUGHT THAT IT WAS BADLY INFECTED. THE PROBLEM WAS THE COMPUTER KEPT SHUTTING ITSELF OFF AT THE MOST INOPERTUNE TIMES. AFTER GOING THROUGH NUMEROUS SYSTEM RESTORES, CHKDSK /F/Rs, WINDOWS REPAIRS, WHICH ALL RESULTED IN THE SYSTEM TURNING OFF AND THE SITUATION WORSENING BY THE MINUTE!

FINALLY, I OPTED FOR RESTORING THE SYSTEM TO THE DEFAULT FACTORY SETTINGS, WHILE MAINTAINING ALL THE FILES. EVERYTHING WAS GOING SMOOTHLY RIGHT UP TO NEAR THE END WHEN THE COMPUTER SHUTDOWN, BEFORE FINISHING THE RESTORATION PROCESS. NOW I AM IN A WORLD OF HURT. ABOUT ALL I CAN DO IS SHIFT AND F10.

EVEN IF I HIT "SHIFT AND F10 UPON RESTARTING, THE RESULTING WINDOW BROUGHT UP IS FOR "EDIT BOOT OPTIONS" WITH - "PATH \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINLOAD.EXE

"PARTITION:  3"

"HARD DISK:  D2951243"

"( /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN"

AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW IS-

ENTER=SUBMIT

THE CURSOR BAR FOR ENTERING IS RIGHT AFTER "OPTIN" AND EVERYTHING I ENTER DOESN'T DO ANYTHING AND WE GO BACK TO "SETUP IS UPDATING REGISTRY SETTINGS", FOLLOWED BY "SETUP IS STARTING SERVICES AND BACK TO THE ERROR MESSAGE.

ALSO, THIS COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE A CD DRIVE AND I DON'T HAVE ANY WINDOW 7 DISKS OR REPAIR DISKS ANYWAY.

ANY HELP, IDEAS OR COMMENTS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS ALWAYS AS I TRULY AM LOST IN A LOST WORLD ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND MY EXPERTISE IS RATHER LIMITED!

THANKS!

P.S. I'M SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING USING DARICK'S NUKEING SOFTWARE ON THIS HARD DRIVE AND THEN CLONING WIN 7 FROM MY DELL LAPTOP. BUT CROSSING MANUFACTURES CAN CREATE THEIR OWN HEADACHES!

Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I truly understand that you have tried many things to fix this issue but to no avail. Please be sure that we will always here to help you till we get this fixed.

Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you restore to manufacturer again.

If it fails again, I recommend you contacting the Acer OEM support for further assistance. Please understand that Acer OEM recovery image is high customized by Acer.

This image is very different from the original Windows 7 installation disk from Microsoft. At that time, Acer can be more helpful for such issue.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

I hope this will help resolve your problem. If anything is unclear, please free feel to let us know.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Summer Deng

Friday, August 30, 2013 7:46 AM

All replies

• Ok here are the steps you have to take to (maybe) solve your problem:

1) Disable Capslock.

2) Find someone with W7 dvd and copy the files to a USB Disk make that disk bootable.

Here's how: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide/

3) Boot the computer from the USB disk and try a repair.

4) Keep Capslock disabled.

Don't forget about Alt+Esc!

Friday, August 30, 2013 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

I truly understand that you have tried many things to fix this issue but to no avail. Please be sure that we will always here to help you till we get this fixed.

Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you restore to manufacturer again.

If it fails again, I recommend you contacting the Acer OEM support for further assistance. Please understand that Acer OEM recovery image is high customized by Acer.

This image is very different from the original Windows 7 installation disk from Microsoft. At that time, Acer can be more helpful for such issue.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

I hope this will help resolve your problem. If anything is unclear, please free feel to let us know.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Summer Deng

Friday, August 30, 2013 7:46 AM