none
Not sure where to start

Question

• Windows 7 Home Premium which I have on this relatively new PC.

Over the past couple of weeks strange things happened.

First, I lost right click 'Open with'.  I have managed to get that back with the aid of my son.

My major problem is when I open my email account, a temporary download dialogue window opens and the message opens in a browser.  Following the address in the browser shows this to be in temporary internet files, but it is not.

I switched to use Outlook 2010 and the same thing happens. (I would like to use this as my default email progrram if I could)

Even if I right click on the program and Run as Administrator makes no difference.

No message is shown in the preview pane, it only opens in a flash in my browser.

I do not have IE, only FireFox and Google Chrome.

My email program is Incredimail, the purchased version that I have been using for many years.

I have ran scans with my Comodo Suite.  Run a Malaware scan and all show there's no abnormalities. 

Can anyone please help me with this most annoying problem before it sends me mad.  I'd be very grateful for your suggestions.

regards

Maureen

Friday, November 26, 2010 2:23 AM

Answers

1. First, fully exit any mail programs that may be running, such as Incredimail or Outlook.
    2. Type the word default into your Start menu, then choose Default Programs from the list.
    3. In the window that opens, click Set Default Programs, then find and select Microsoft Office Outlook in the list.
    4. Click Set this program as default, then click OK at the bottom-right.

Try reading email again with Outlook.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:00 AM