none
errors in setuperr.log with sysprep image

Question

• I'm seeing one or both of these errors inconsistently:

1)

2012-02-13 09:12:45, Error                        [windeploy.exe] Failure occured during online installation.  Online installation cannot complete at this time.; hr = 0x80070013

2)

2012-02-13 09:20:51, Error                        [audit.exe] [Action Queue] : Unattend action failed with exit code 1073807364
    2012-02-13 09:20:51, Error                        [audit.exe] Execution of unattend GCs failed; hr = 0x0; pResults->hrResult = 0x8030000b

Using Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 prepared with sysprep: audit mode first with actions in both specialize/audit pass then sysprep is run again in oobe mode with actions called via firstlogoncommands.

All actions from each phase do complete successfully with no errors logged in the event viewer and the image does finish successfully. I can't find any sign of what's may actually be failing/causing an "error". Some info I found suggested anti-virus was impacting specific registry keys, so I removed F-Secure from the image -- no change. I'm now going through the process of adding apps to the image one at a time and so far, nothing has come up. With the last build, I've include six of our standard apps and this time, neither error was logged. Previous attempts, at least one of the above errors were logged. It's inconsistent

This may be cosmetic, but it would be nice to confirm that before deploying an image that may have issues down the road...

Note that I'm building on a vmware guest (vmware tool not installed) and restoring to a Dell Latitude E6520.

Any input is appreciated.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:48 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

You may refer to the following article to see if it helps:

SYSPREP ERROR - "hrResults = 0x8030000b"

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:50 AM
  • Thanks Sabrina!

My current workflow does include a check for/purge of any superflous accounts listed below C:\Users or the ProfileList reg key.

The only additional accounts that exist when sysprep is run are a local utility account and the admin account used for app installs/calling sysprep. While testing for the cause the of these errors, I've been checking to confirm that the latter is the highest numbered entry in the ProfileList as that's the account to be used re: CopyProfile.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:33 PM
  •  

Then please check if there is any clue in the sutupact.log.

Regards,

Sabrina

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Sabrina

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:55 AM
  •  

Hi,

I was wondering how everything is going. If anything is unclear, please let me know. It is my pleasure to be of assistance.

Regards,

Sabrina

Sabrina

Monday, February 20, 2012 5:10 AM