none
Unexpected error. Err code: 0X6

Question

• I can not install. During temp files copy, I get that Unexpected error message with error code 0X6 telling to restart install.
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 5:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• I can not install. During temp files copy, I get that Unexpected error message with error code 0X6 telling to restart install.

Hi

The 0x6 error code is a generic number. There are around 170 separate errors that it is associated with?

Is tere any other description of the error or a more more complete number?

Also, explain, in detail exactly how you are installing and at what point  the error occurs.

Regards,

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 6:08 PM
  • Hi,

Would you please be more specific about the problem?

Catherine Sea
    Version Control Software | Software Configuration Management Solution

Monday, August 31, 2009 3:02 PM
  • We can see a  percent complete for the task, could you please let us know details?

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 2:42 AM
  • I've downloaded and burned the image. I then launched the DVD and it makes it to "the setup is starting" screen and loading temporary files and then i get the error "Windows Setup experienced an unexpected error. To install Windows, restart the installation." Error code : 0X6. I read a thread saying that There has been many issues with the DVD not burning properly using faster speeds. The problem is that I dropped the cumbersome file. I'll try to borrow someone's DVD.
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 7:49 AM
  • Yes, the issue mostly can be caused by a disk error.

Also, you can try to burn the ISO file at a low speed.

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:38 AM