none
Complete New System, 7 RC dvd will not install

Question

• Completely new built system, nothing installed.  The 7RC iso file will not install...  Can HD partition be any size?? I have a 1T.

DVD fires up, but 7RC does not install.  I tried XP installation disk and that fired up fine. 

I downloaded the 7 RC iso file to DVD,, am I correct that this is a auto installation, or do I need something eles install to make this run??  Any help on this?? thanks
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 4:48 PM

Answers

• daaa, typical guy, never reads the instructions, burning .iso from the dowload to DVD as instructed using IMGBURD actually worked...
    • Proposed as answer by piepaw Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:04 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by john_alaska Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by john_alaska Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:29 PM
    Friday, July 10, 2009 5:08 PM

All replies

• You have to use dvd burning software to make a bootable dvd. You can't just copy the iso file to dvd. Check out the installation instructions at the win 7 site.

Mary
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 5:04 PM
  • Mary, Yes, the download was burned on another computer with correct burning software, just will not install on the new system, maybe I have a bad copy and should redo another download and burn on another system, but I doubt it is a bad copy....
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 5:30 PM
  • What did you use to burn it?  You can not just extract the files and burn them you need to use a program like Power ISO or another that knows how to handle ISO files. Also some people have had to burn it at a slower rate in order to get a good copy. There have been other issues with the reader themselves also since this is a DVD and some drives need a firmware upgrade in order to boot from a DVD.
    Tim Comes
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 6:11 PM
  • Tim, I will have to find out what was used for the burn, I had our computer tech burn it for me.. I see the file name on the DVD, with the .iso extension, so i assumed it was ok...
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 7:13 PM
  • If there is an .iso file there, he just copied it.  Try getting IMGBURN os some other 'burning' software (free) to actually burn the iso from computer to DVD.  When done properly, you won't see the iso file there on the DVD. :)
    Thursday, July 09, 2009 12:39 AM
  • ok, that might be the problem, I see the .iso on the disk.  I'll start over and reburn the download to the DVD using IMGBURN...
    Thursday, July 09, 2009 11:50 PM
  • daaa, typical guy, never reads the instructions, burning .iso from the dowload to DVD as instructed using IMGBURD actually worked...
    • Proposed as answer by piepaw Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:04 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by john_alaska Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by john_alaska Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:29 PM
    Friday, July 10, 2009 5:08 PM
  • I have downloaded 7rc twice. It starts to install then it tells me it can't find drivers for the dvd drive I'm using. If that is the case how could the install start in the first place. There is something definitely wrong with the download. By the way I have burned many iso files using img burn.
    Monday, August 03, 2009 1:36 AM