none
Windows 7 error: System restore:0x1f and 0x8000ffff , file integrity check: 0x490 , and problem signiture 6.1.7600.16385

Question

• Hi,

I downloaded and ran a file i know i shouldnt have and the next thing i know my Asus G53JW-XN1 turns off and wont boot windows 7. The first thing it does is run startup repair. It looks like the booter is not working and i did some research and it seems its either the  booter is failing or the video card is missing a driver. 

Here are the steps i tried:

I did all the different options F8 and F9 gave me. In F9 (i think) it only gives me one option: Windows 7 and it sounds like there should be an option: Windows 7 ens (sorry i cant quite remember)

Repair action system restore failed error code: 0x1f , and system files integrity check 0x490 it also said unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused problem

System restore by poping the recovery disk error code: 0x8000ffff

and startup repair: offline with problem signiture:

1:6.1.7600.16385

2:6.1.7600.16385

3:unknown

4:21200646

5:system disk

6:6

7: No root cause 

I was reading that i can go into the command prompt and copy over a video driver but i didnt want to mess with it.

If you would like the file to scan or something, ask and ill email.

Thank you,

-Mitchell

Monday, May 23, 2011 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Mitchell,

Regarding the error message "BOOTMGR is missing Press", please refer to the following steps to fix it.

If bootrec  command cannot locate any missing Windows installations, you need to re-create it. To do this, type the following commands in the order shown below from command prompt: (Remember to press ENTER after each command)

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /rebuildbcd

After that, restart the computer to check the result. If the issue persists, try to run startup repair again.

Here is a similar post.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itprovistasetup/thread/e6e2399c-746a-4d45-8b77-dc6e89fd9409

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:43 AM

All replies

• I am having the same problem with an ASUS N61-F60.

I have reloaded the system twice and re-installed all my software only to get to the exact same place. 

Diagnostics on memory and harddrive come up fine.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:11 PM
  • Hi,

Would you please let me know if you could boot in windows now?

It seemed the boot files have been corrupted. You could boot to WinRE, open the command prompt and use BootRec to repair the boot files.

BootRec /RebuildBcd – This will automatically rebuild the Windows 7 boot menu if it has become corrupt

BootRec /fixmbr – This will repair the master boot record (MBR) on your hard disk

BootRec /fixboot – This will write a new boot sector to your hard disk.  This is useful if your boot sector has become corrupt of damaged.

If you could login Windows successfully, I suggest updating the video card driver from manufacture's site manually and run Chkdsk /f /r from an elevated command.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by TomChapman Monday, July 01, 2013 3:58 AM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:27 AM
  • I did those 3 commands Niki and now it says BOOTMGR is missing Press any key to restart. It said successful operation for all 3. 

I'm assuming i need to pop in my restore disk now but unfortunately i wont be able to get my hands on one for a couple days and hopefully that works.

Thanks,

-Mitchell

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Hi Mitchell,

Regarding the error message "BOOTMGR is missing Press", please refer to the following steps to fix it.

If bootrec  command cannot locate any missing Windows installations, you need to re-create it. To do this, type the following commands in the order shown below from command prompt: (Remember to press ENTER after each command)

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /rebuildbcd

After that, restart the computer to check the result. If the issue persists, try to run startup repair again.

Here is a similar post.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itprovistasetup/thread/e6e2399c-746a-4d45-8b77-dc6e89fd9409

Best Regards,

Niki

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:43 AM
  • Niki,

I only registered and signed in to be able to give you all my thanks.  Your post saved my butt when no other did.

Can't say thank you enough!

Sunday, August 07, 2011 1:24 PM
  • This information gave me hope and something else to try, however, after hours of trying various options, I found a solution. In the bios, the SATA Mode selection somehow got changed from IDE to AHCI. Switching it back to IDE, fixed the issue and I was able to boot into windows again.  Not sure what changed my bios setting, but no more errors!  Hope this helps someone searching this error.

Tom

Monday, July 01, 2013 4:08 AM