none
My USB mouse is not recognized by my computer

Answers

• Hi BIRIKUNZIRA,

Does the issue occur in all USB mice? If not, please install the latest chipset and mouse driver and see if the issue can be resolved.

However, if the issue occurs in all USB mice, please also check if other USB devices such as removable disk and be recognized. If the issue occurs in all USB devices, please try the following suggestions and see if the issue can be resolved:

First, please disconnect all USB devices. Then, go through the following steps:

1. Press "Ctrl + Esc" to open the “Start” menu.

2. Type “devmgmt.msc” in the Search bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

3. In Device Manger, press Tab and use "Up" and "Down" to move the highlight to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

4. Press "Right" and expand it.

5. Press "Down" to move to the first item and press "Delete" to remove it.

6. Repeat the step 5 and uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all controllers automatically.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, February 15, 2010 2:08 AM
    Monday, February 08, 2010 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi BIRIKUNZIRA,

Does the issue occur in all USB mice? If not, please install the latest chipset and mouse driver and see if the issue can be resolved.

However, if the issue occurs in all USB mice, please also check if other USB devices such as removable disk and be recognized. If the issue occurs in all USB devices, please try the following suggestions and see if the issue can be resolved:

First, please disconnect all USB devices. Then, go through the following steps:

1. Press "Ctrl + Esc" to open the “Start” menu.

2. Type “devmgmt.msc” in the Search bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

3. In Device Manger, press Tab and use "Up" and "Down" to move the highlight to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

4. Press "Right" and expand it.

5. Press "Down" to move to the first item and press "Delete" to remove it.

6. Repeat the step 5 and uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all controllers automatically.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, February 15, 2010 2:08 AM
    Monday, February 08, 2010 8:02 AM
  • Hi, what if only my mouse isn't recognized? I run my laptop on WinXP, my mouse suddenly stopped working and my computer stopped recognizing it. My other USB devices work properly, only my mouse. I tried to reinstall the mouse drivers but it didn't work. Checked if there's a problem with my USB controllers but there doesn't appear to be any.

Regards,
    Toni
    Friday, April 02, 2010 6:34 PM
  • Hi, what if only my mouse isn't recognized? I run my laptop on WinXP, my mouse suddenly stopped working and my computer stopped recognizing it. My other USB devices work properly, only my mouse. I tried to reinstall the mouse drivers but it didn't work. Checked if there's a problem with my USB controllers but there doesn't appear to be any.

Regards,
    Toni

Toni, please post a new thread about this issue, so that more forum users can view and check your issue. :-)
    Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:38 AM
  • I have the same problem, have tried everything suggested on this site, nothing works. Please help
    Saturday, July 21, 2012 7:20 AM